Markham Stouffville Hospital
Oak Valley Health honours the traditional territory of the closest Indigenous communities, the Chippewas (chi-puh-waas) of Georgina Island and the Mississaugas of Scugog Island. The Haudenosaunee (Ho-de-no-shau-nee) and Anishinaabe (Ah-nish-in-ah-beh) have lived, worked and existed on this land from time immemorial. This land is covered by Treaty 13 signed with the Mississaugas of the Credit, and the Williams Treaty signed with many Mississauga and Chippewa bands.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the need to strengthen and promote health protection to patients, staff and members of the public attending in the hospital, prior to the first day of employment with the Hospital,
all successful candidates are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (full vaccination is required). In order to provide you with fair & equitable accommodation, you must submit supporting medical exemption documentation or an affidavit detailing why your religion prohibits you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Who you are:
- You encompass Oak Valley Health’s core values and live the words of Respect, Trust, Commitment, Compassion and Courage
- You are a patient and/or client centered individual who performs at an exemplary standard
- You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and prioritization skills
What we are looking for:
The unit secretary is a valuable member of the Oncology Clinic and has a significant impact on the efficient and effective operation of the clinic. The successful candidate will be responsible for both clerical and receptionist duties and may be required to cover extended clinic hours as needed.
The clerical aspect of the role includes: filing, organizing and scheduling clinic appointments into the computer, patient registration, ordering supplies through COHPA, chart prep, requesting inpatient admission, entering physician orders, photocopying and performing special projects as requested. The receptionist aspect of the role includes: greeting patients, ensuring patient safety and supporting the patients role in ensuring their own safety, answering and directing telephone calls to the appropriate personnel, receiving voice messages, reporting staff illness to Occupational Health and Safety, interacting with various departments and physicians and their offices and communicating the expected length of time our patients may be in attendance at our clinic.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum Grade 12 – post secondary school education preferred
- Medical Terminology Certificate essential
- Previous unit secretary/medical clerical experience in a Hospital essential
- Oncology clinic experience required
- Excellent keyboarding skills 40 wpm
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Word and Meditech, preferred
- Knowledge of Oncology scheduling and processes essential
- Previous experience with Meditech 6.0, order management and community wide scheduling is an preferred
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellence in verbal and written communication in dealing with the public and medical staff
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills essential
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to organize and prioritize as required is essential
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates excellence in problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills with a high attention to detail essential
- Demonstrates analytical skills in relation to knowledge of hospital operations
- Effective time management and excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
The successful candidate is expected to work 7.5 hour days shifts Monday to Friday.
Schedules are subject to change based on departmental needs.
BAND _CUP C03: $23.90 - $26.17 per hour
Who we are:
Oak Valley Health is one of Ontario’s leading community healthcare organizations. Across our two sites (Markham and Uxbridge) and Reactivation Care Centre (RCC), we provide high quality, patient-centred care to more than 435,000 patients each year. We offer diagnostic and emergency services and deliver clinical programs in acute care medicine and surgery, addictions and mental health, and childbirth and children’s services. We are also proud to be part of the Eastern York Region North Durham Ontario Health Team (OHT).
Our 526 physicians, 28 midwives, 2,400 staff and 1,000 volunteers serve patients and families with an honoured to care mindset and are focused on delivering an extraordinary patient experience to the residents of Markham, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Uxbridge and beyond. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
Oak Valley Health Diversity Statement
Oak Valley Health takes pride in serving some of Canada’s most diverse communities. We are committed to fostering an environment of equity and inclusivity where every person can work and receive care safely, openly and honestly. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital or family status, belief system, or other factors related to one’s personal identity and/or values. Furthermore, Oak Valley Health is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description : NIGHT BUILDING ATTENDANT Amica Swan Lake Weekends 12am till 8 am Amica Senior Lifestyles is setting a new standard for senior living in Canada by combining unparalleled premium h [...]
Introduction At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to [...]
x Qualifications x Job: Quality Assurance - Supply Chain Primary Location: Americas-CA-ON-Markham Job Type: Standard Schedule: Full-time Shift: 1st (Day) Shift Job Number: 2118017 We a [...]
Job ID: 200871 Store Name/Number: ON-Markville (0584) Address: 5000 Highway 7 East, Markham, ON L3R 4M9, Canada (CA) Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Position Type: Temporary Cashiers provide [...]