Important note for Part-Time Facilitator applicants:
Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach. Part-Time Facilitators teach up to 6 hours per week. For more information about the different courses we offer, please look at the link to The Centre for Professional and Part-Time Learning.
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The Centre for Professional and Part-Time Learning (PPL) requires a part-time facilitator to teach the course entitled “SECURITY + CERTIFICATION (CompTIA)”. This course will be delivered online.
The responsibilities of Durham College Part-Time Facilitators include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodate students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning as well as managing and posting grades;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Ensuring that all course content is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Working effectively with students, the program team and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of recent business experience that relates directly to the topic being taught;
- Holds a Master’s degree (or higher) in Computers / IT / Programming. In addition, a Bachelor or Master of Education are considered assets;
- Must possess a minimum of their Security+ certification from CompTIA and additional industry certification(s) will be considered an asset(s);
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level or within a business environment, with the demonstrated application of adult educational principles and teaching/assessment methodologies;
- Superior skills in the areas of verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Track record in meeting deadlines;
- Experienced in the use of technology to support student learning and manage grades;
- Self-motivated and independent worker who also functions well in a team environment;
- Committed to life-long learning;
- Understanding of the Ontario community college system.
Preference will be given to candidates with relevant educational credentials and a proven track record of relevant work/teaching experience.
Durham College policy requires employees be available for on campus work. In addition, there is currently a requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend our campuses. College policies are listed here.
Please note that both a cover letter and a resume must be provided in order for your application to be considered for this position.
Please apply below by submitting your cover letter and resume to the online portal. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled. The competition number is PT-PPL-247.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Important note for Part-Time Facilitator applicants: Part-time recruitment is ongoing and is dependent on when courses are being taught and the need for faculty to teach. Part-Time Facilitators teach [...]
Overview: Swiss Chalet is looking for a Hostess for our 555 Laval Dr, Oshawa, Ont location! At Swiss Chalet we deliver delicious “home-made” food, made fresh in-house just for you. Our atmosphe [...]
Overview: Swiss Chalet is looking for Servers for our 555 Laval Dr, Oshawa, Ont location! At Swiss Chalet we deliver delicious “home-made” food, made fresh in-house just for you. Our atmosphere [...]
Durham College is seeking an experienced and motivated professional who shares our commitment to quality and student success. The School of Justice & Emergency Services requires a part-time professor [...]