In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director, Food Services, the Manager, Operations and Strategic Initiatives, is responsible for Food Service operations at assigned sites and for leading priority portfolio initiatives. Working collaboratively with Island Health programs, consultants, and stakeholders, the Manager leads planning activities and works with teams to identify,
plan and implement changes and evaluate improvement initiatives.
Education, Training And Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Food Service Administration or other related area and seven (7) years' recent related experience. Certification in a recognized Food Services Management program or eligible for membership in Canada Society of Nutrition Managers (CSNM). Completion of relevant health care administration courses an asset. A valid driver's license is a prerequisite for the position. Experience with Project management an asset.
Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability and highly developed interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to client focused services and teamwork.
- Ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the department throughout the Island Health in an effective and efficient manner.
- Knowledge of project management and change management principles and methodologies Demonstrated project management success and the successful completion of one large strategic project within the last three years.
- Proven ability to write, analyse and edit project plans/charters, proposals, risk management plans, communication plans, progress reports, Service Level Agreements, MOU's for accuracy and consistency
- Ability to develop and nurture an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the role.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
General Accountability: Purpose and Scope Reporting to the Director of Planning and Recreation, the Recreation and Culture Manager, has overall responsibility for the management, performance a [...]
Job Description: In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a res [...]
Job Description In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a res [...]
Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Conservation and Protection Campbell River (British Columbia), Kamloops (British Columbia), Langley (British Columbia), Nanaimo (British Columbia), Prince Rupert (Brit [...]