The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq
The Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq (The CMM) is a Tribal Council representing eight Mi'kmaq communities of mainland Nova Scotia. Our mission is to proactively promote and assist Mi'kmaq communities' initiatives towards self-determination and enhancement of community. The CMM is located in the Millbrook Mi'kmaw Community in Nova Scotia and has over 100 Employees. The CMM's Department of Community Services & Infrastructure is currently looking for an energetic, mature, and independent candidate to fill the role of Community & Strategic Planning Advisor.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Community Services and Infrastructure, and reporting to the Community Infrastructure Program Manager,
the Community and Strategic Planning Advisor is responsible for developing, monitoring, and updating a multi-year strategic plan for the Technical Services Unit of the Directorate. The position will also create and implement a community-based comprehensive community planning initiative to support member First Nation communities.
- Work with the Manager to develop a multi-year strategic plan to support the services created and delivered by the Unit.
- Engagement with CMM member communities on the needs, challenges, and service delivery gaps.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive community planning advisory service to member communities.
- Other related duties to improve and support community planning for First Nations – advocacy, participation and representation in various venues, networking, etc.
- Continually seek education and training to remain culturally responsible and sensitive to needs of client(s).
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Community/Urban Planning, Environmental Planning, or related field.
- Experience in strategic planning and project development/implementation /management.
- Ability to develop policies and plans as needed.
- Ability to anticipate change in order to help communities meet challenges such as social, physical, and environmental impacts of population growth.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and other mapping/analysis programs.
- Ability to generate graphics, diagrams, maps, and other renderings.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality.
- High values in teamwork, client service and professionalism
- Ability to work unsupervised with a high level of productivity with the ability to seek and take direction.
- Ability to think analytically and critically while problem solving to identify specific needs and potential solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Successfully completed Criminal record check
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation with ability to travel within Nova Scotia as required.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours due to the requirements of the member communities and clients.
Anticipated Salary: $55,000 per year. This is a one (1) year contract position with the opportunity for renewal and subject to the policies and practise of the CMM. The CMM offers a substantial benefits package to all employees.
Application Deadline: Open until position is filled
Submit Cover Letter AND Resume to Human Resources via email.
We are an equal opportunity employer; however, qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preference Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission. Only those applicants who provide up-to-date CV along with Cover Letter and qualify for interview will be contacted The successful candidate may be required to submit a current criminal record check. Non-Canadian applicants must be able to provide proof of current entitlement or eligibility to work in Canada.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $55,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Title:Production Management Trainee Position Type: Regular - Full-Time Requisition ID: 12323 McCain Foods Carberry is seeking a Production Management Trainee (PMT) to participate [...]
Position Title:Production Management Trainee Position Type: Regular - Full-Time Requisition ID: 12323 McCain Foods Carberry is seeking a Production Management Trainee (PMT) to participate in our m [...]
Position Title: Regional Technology Specialist Position Type: Regular - Full-Time Position Location: Florenceville GTC Requisition ID: 12231 We know the importance that food plays in people's liv [...]
Department: Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services Location: TRURO HEIGHTS Type of Employment: Permanent Union Status: NSGEU - NSPG Closing Date: 12/3/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:5 [...]