Hyatt Regency Vancouver
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated guest service professional, a Regular Convention Services Houseperson to join our Event Services team.
The Convention Service Houseperson is responsible for set-ups and tear-down of Banquet rooms in which a great deal of lifting, carrying, and moving of moderate weight equipment is involved. This position must also interact with guests frequently and offer all Hyatt guests authentic guest service. The candidate for this position must be available to work varied shifts including weekdays, weekends,
holidays (early mornings, afternoons and late evenings).
This is a full-time position; associates will be scheduled according to business needs. This position requires availability on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays thru to the end of 2021.
Starting wage for this position is $17.91 per hour plus gratuities, after six months it will increase to $20.90 per hour plus gratuities, and after one year to the full rate of $23.88 per hour plus gratuities.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays (early morning, afternoon or evening)
- Previous convention services and set-up experience is an asset
- Previous Banquets experience is an asset
- Previous food and beverage experience is an asset
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Must have a good command and understanding of the English language
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
- Must be pleasant, have an outgoing personality, have high attention to detail and professional at all times
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Must demonstrate proven qualities of an excellent team player with leadership skills
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting of up to 50lbs
- Frequent standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs, ladders and ramps
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Recruit, train and supervise staff - Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices - Ensure health and safety regulations are followe [...]
Overview: WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Producer to join our team! In this rolee, you will overseeing all aspects of production including planning scope and scheduling – from sc [...]
- or equivalent experience Additional Skills - Address customers' complaints or concerns - Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures - Establish methods to meet work schedules Wor [...]
Our Story Commissionaires BC is a Canadian, not-for-profit security/enforcement organization that has been in business since 1927. Our mandate is to give back to those who served and continue to serv [...]