Government of Saskatchewan
Collection and Enforcement Officer - FIN004478
Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more
Ministry: 018 Finance
Salary Range: $32.210 - $39.188 Hourly
Salary Supplement: included in hourly salary range (in-scope)
The Ministry of Finance, Revenue Operations Branch, requires one Collection and Enforcement Officer with proven interpersonal skills, collection experience, and accounting knowledge for a challenging term position,for approximately one year, located in our Regina head office.
As a member of a professional team of collection officers, you will:
- plan and conduct investigations on provincial and inter-provincial businesses to ensure compliance with the filing and remittance requirements of the various statutes administered;
- analyze/review business records in order to determine tax liabilities and to assess the ability to pay;
- interpret and apply legislation when issuing the appropriate legal action to collect the outstanding taxes of the province; and,
- travel throughout the province, as required.
To succeed in this position, you will:
- be detail oriented, analytical and an individual that thrives on applying initiatives;
- have strong communication, influential and negotiation skills;
- be respectful, diplomatic and confident when dealing with difficult or confrontational taxpayers and situations;
- be discreet when handling confidential information; and,
- be a reliable, well-organized person who can work both independently and in a team environment.
In order to qualify for this position, the successful candidates will have knowledge of:
- financial accounting, cost accounting, and auditing principles and practices;
- investigative and legal practices and procedures related to debt collection; and,
- business practices as they pertain to the collection and enforcement of taxes including business records and documents.
Typically, the knowledge and abilities required for this position would be obtained through the completion of an Accounting Diploma or Business Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, supplemented with relevant work experience in the collections field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
For candidates that have obtained equivalent education outside of Canada, it is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain an ICAS Assessment Report by visiting http://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx. Please include a copy of your transcripts with your application.
Candidates must clearly indicate in their application, resume or cover letter how they have acquired the skills and abilities required for this position. Candidates will be screened based on the information provided.
What We Offer:
- a competitive salary;
- comprehensive benefits package, included pension;
- vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- career advancement opportunities which includes the ability to progress to senior level collection positions based on your ability to successfully manage progressively more complex files; and,
- inclusive work environment.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: A - SGEU Office 36 - one day off every two weeks
Criminal Record Check Requirement: The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: Nov 29, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The David Aplin Group is excited to be teaming up with one of our very valued clients in Regina. They are a North American leader in their industry and a major contributor to our local economy. They a [...]
Do you have a passion for little ones (ages 6 weeks to 12 years old)? Do you love your A,B,C’s & 1,2,3’s.? This customer service driven position will require you work along side some of our smalle [...]
Financial Policy Analyst - RES005706 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s): SK-Rgna-Regina Ministry: 005 Education Salary Range: $38.970-$48.831 Hourly Salary Supplement: included in h [...]
Our Vision and Mission ensures we will always strive to have the highest standards of cleanliness and maintenance. We are committed to providing a clean and healthy environment for all our valuable me [...]