First Nations Health Authority
The First Nations Health Authority is a diverse and transformational health organization of professional, innovative and dedicated team members and leaders.
The first of its kind in Canada, FNHA works as a health-and-wellness partner with BC First Nations to support self-determination and decision-making to improve health outcomes.
Join Our Historic Journey
At FNHA, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to BC’s history. With a unique governing structure and mandate, our fluid work environment means you can play an active role in real change.
Our talented teams value respect and foster lateral kindness in their working relationships. Our holistic approach to wellness, based on First Nations teachings,
is incorporated into all aspects of work culture. Where else will you get to create a personal wellness plan as part of your performance goals?
Are you someone who:
- Has the ability to provide information and advice directly to clients and providers
- Has the knowledge of data entry, manipulation, and retrieval techniques using a variety of automated systems and software
- Is interested in providing services to BC First Nations communities
If you said yes to all of these, then we may have an opportunity for you. First Nations Health Authority is looking for a Health Benefits Assessor who will review, assess and adjudicate FNHA Health Benefit requests including prior approvals, amendments, post approvals, invoices and client reimbursements.
This is a term position until March 31, 2022 with a possibility of extension.
Union Code: PSA (Public Service Alliance of Canada )
Hours per week: 37.5
As a health and wellness organization, the First Nations Health Authority has aligned with the Provincial Public Health Order released on October 14, 2021. We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees at First Nations Health Authority. This policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If selected for employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination by providing a copy of your BC Vaccination Card Passport with the QR code.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Reviews, assesses, and adjudicates FNHA Health Benefit requests including prior approvals, amendments, post approvals, invoices and client reimbursements. Screens requests for completeness and accuracy. Clarifies and obtains required information, and explains requirements, procedures, rights, and obligations regarding claims and eligibility for benefits to clients, and stakeholders.
- Inputs adjudicated benefit decisions into an on-line Claims Processing system or alternate, including other related databases and spreadsheets. Performs patient, benefit, and cost verification to maintain integrity of client history in the databases.
- Provides FNHA Health Benefits information, advice, and assistance via telephone and/or written communication with First Nation clients, organizations, providers, prescribers and other stakeholders relating to client and benefit eligibility, benefit criteria, prior approval, and appeal processes and payments.
- Maintains and update databases
To be successful in this role, you will need:
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12, including completion of one year of post-secondary education, plus one (1) year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The First Nations Health Authority is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce; preference will be given to individuals with Indigenous ancestry (First Nations, Inuit, Métis).
What You Can Expect From Us
Joining our family means joining an organization that supports personal growth, in-house training, a paid volunteer day and a unique full-day orientation program.
Leading with culture, all FNHA employees complete San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training. We support our family to be leaders in wellness and all staff members develop a yearly wellness plan as part of their performance partnership and goal-setting.
Please note that only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in FNHA!
For more information about us, please visit: www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us
If you have any inquiries or issues please contact FNHA Recruitment at [email protected] or 1-(phone hidden).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Marketing Statement British Columbia Rapid Transit Company Ltd. (BCRTC) maintains and operates two of Metro Vancouver’s three SkyTrain lines. SkyTrain is the first and one of the longest, fully- [...]
Marketing Statement British Columbia Rapid Transit Company Ltd. (BCRTC) maintains and operates two of Metro Vancouver’s three SkyTrain lines. SkyTrain is the first and one of the longest, fully-aut [...]
Job Title: Sales Consultant Status: Full-time Location: Brian Jessel BMW Pre-Owned (1515 Boundary Road, Vancouver) Join The Ultimate Team at Brian Jessel BMW Brian Jessel BMW has been [...]