Steeves and Rozema Group - Lanark Heights Long Term Care
Steeves and Rozema Nursing Homes Ltd. is currently hiring a Chaplain for one of their Long Term Care Homes located in Kitchener, On.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Pastor will provide spiritual care to our senior’s community. The Pastor will work with other clergy in the local community to provide additional services. This is a contract position and is approximately 30 hours per month.
· Have completed or working towards completion of a recognized degree in theology, divinity or spirituality would be advantageous;
· Demonstrated pastor care ability with comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of ecumenical Christian beliefs, traditions and spirituality;
· Possess strong interpersonal, communication,
organization and administrative skills;
· Have experience and/or willingness in working with seniors
· Computer literacy is a requirement. Familiarity with the Point Click Care software is an asset
· Maintains positive communication and relationships with all management team members, staff, clients/residents, family members, volunteers and the general public.
· Ensure the delivery of a pastoral care program to residents of all faith traditions:
· Actively participate in the planning of spiritual life activities and programs offered at the division;
· Ensure that all requests for pastoral care are responded to in a timely manner;
· Assist with emotional support and counseling of the resident and family as related to:
· Adjusting to the consequences of illness
· Ethical concerns such as life care directives
· Assisting the resident and family in rights and responsibilities at the time of death
· Grief, bereavement and other emotional reactions
· Actively assist with the needs of residents in Palliative Care
· Develop and maintain procedures to keep records of pastoral activity.
· To maintain confidentiality of resident information;
· Maintain resident documentation through Point Click Care in accordance to legislation; and
Upon request, accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process is available through the Steeves & Rozema Group’s Human Resources department for applicants with disabilities.
Reference ID: 170.Chap
Part-time hours: 7.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.66-$34.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
“S&R; Nursing Homes Ltd. follows all LTC Infection Control Policies and standards as set forth by local Public Health Units. Appropriate PPE is provided to all staff.”
- Clinical Pastoral Education (preferred)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
ABOUT US: s.t.o.p. Restaurant Supply has been servicing the restaurant industry for over 20 years. s.t.o.p. Restaurant Supply distributes and supplies smallwares and equipment to restaurants, hotels [...]
Orthodontic Hygienist Needed for our Growing Practice We are a busy, fun and enthusiastic orthodontic team looking for a positive, upbeat and energetic orthodontic hygienist. The right candidate wil [...]
Job Description: The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener- [...]
Ontario Smart Home Contractors is looking to hire several responsible individuals to help us with our on site projects. Successful individuals should be able to work independently and have a can do a [...]