Job Description: *
Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Human Resources Officer is responsible for the coordination of all Human Resource activity at the Casino. Responsibilities include: Assisting in the recruitment, selection and retention of employees whose skills match SIGA’s requirements; Assisting in developing and implementing systems to manage and evaluate the performance of SIGA employees; Developing, implementing and maintaining a system to record and update employee information on an ongoing basis which would include information such as the employees personal information, employee benefits coverage elected, education, experience and training taken, sick leave credits used,
and accumulated vacation leave credits accumulated and used; Developing and maintaining a resume database, which records all applications received, address, contact number, experience, etc.; Assisting in employee interviews and the preparation of employment letters and contracts; Counseling employees regarding personnel policy; Assisting SIGA central office in the development of policies, procedures and directives pertaining to all Human Resource issues; Consulting and participating in resolving grievances and labor relation disputes; Researching, preparing material for and participating in arbitration grievances; Other duties as required.
Conditions of Employment
- SIGA reserves the right to perform post-incident and/or reasonable cause drug and alcohol testing for any employee violating Drug & Alcohol Policy A04-607 where deemed necessary by management whom have completed SIGA’s Supervisor & Manager Drug & Alcohol Training course.
- The minimum age to work in a casino or any area where gaming can be seen is 19 years of age.
- You may be required to work in an environment where you will be exposed to the use of tobacco smoke and high noise levels.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to work shift work. This may include days, evenings, graveyard, weekends and statutory holidays. SIGA’s goal is to treat all staff fairly and equitably; therefore, the distribution of the shifts will be fair to all staff.
Job Requirements: *
Successful completion of a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce or other related discipline with a major in human resources.
Several years of directly related experience and training may be considered.
Previous experience in a human resource department would be preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency with computer software e.g. Microsoft work, excel, outlook and Powerpoint.
Experience working with many diverse situations and personalities.
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- or equivalent experience Other Languages - Mandarin Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Access - MS Excel - MS PowerPoint - MS Word - MS Outlook Workers Supervised - Administrati [...]
Mail Sorter Our client is looking to add to their team of Mail Sorters, a variety of part-time, casual shifts are available. This opportunity offers very flexible hours and is ideal for people lookin [...]
As a Restaurant Manager you empower and lead your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences. You promote a respectful team environment and manage team members with open communication and understan [...]
As a Team Member at Tim Hortons, your top priority is guest satisfaction! Whether you are the very first person our guests encounter, or produce the best loved bakery items that our guests come to [...]