Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre’s clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects,
municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
The Supervisor, Project Controls manages the Project Coordination team while monitoring and tracking all aspects of project execution. The Supervisor, Project Controls acts as the liaison to communicate project status to project teams, departments and management.
In addition, your role will be to:
- Manage Direct Reports and establish annual goals.
- Review, determine and provide input on project execution processes and strategies.
- Work with the Project Coordination team to determine project efficiencies.
- Track and update project timeframes, schedules, progress/status reports, change orders, scope changes and allocated hours/budgets.
- Track and report project issues, action items, decisions and risks.
- Communicate project status and resource changes to appropriate team members.
- Maintain tracking of action items, deliverables, metrics and follows up with the Project Manager and/or Department Lead to obtain timely replies and/or action.
- Track, review and report timesheet entries, expenses, purchase orders and burn reports, in conjunction with Accounting.
- Coordinate Records of Consultation; summarizing, editing, and recording them into database.
- Monitor project status, plans, accruals, and budget using project management tools, dashboards and software.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of meeting agendas and minutes, and distributes any required materials.
- Update and maintain project documentation, including Project Details Sheet, Hand Off Checklists, trackers, plans and reports.
- May perform incidental project management duties including planning, research, analysis and implementation of deliverables/action items.
- Post-secondary education in planning, project management, accounting, administration or business.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a project driven environment.
- Professional experience in a management or supervisory position.
- Exceptional computer skills, MS Project, Excel, Word, Access.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze workflow/processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match for the position.
A condition of employment is a current valid criminal background check. We will require consent to submit a criminal background check on your behalf.
As part of Canacre’s ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Canacre will provide assistance to applicants who request accommodation throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please contact [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description Saatchi & Saatchi is an advertising agency with the belief that creativity, data, media and technology should all work together, and we use that to influence human behavior and dr [...]
Company description We are on a mission to change the way Canadians send and request money! Mosea is a Fintech startup based in Toronto, Ontario, that is working towards revolutionizing the payments [...]
Company Description Ready for the next chapter of your career? Why not make one of Canada's leading restaurant groups a part of it! We value relentless innovation and kick-ass creativity! We provide [...]
Company Description Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutiona [...]