The Business Development Representative’s responsibilities include project management, prospecting, customer relations, product development, order processing, product research, and problem-solving. Additionally, acting as the principal point of contact between the business and its customers, identifying new markets and customer leads, obtaining new customers, servicing existing customers needs, and leads. Attending tradeshows local and overseas, providing pitches to new customers and working along side the Marketing department to achieve the sales targets will also be required.
- Customer Focus
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Serves customers by selling products and meeting customer needs
- Assist international private label customers in developing products and commercializing
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develop and maintain a filling system
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2-years of sales experience in the nutraceutical field
- Degree in food science/business or related field
- Leadership, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & listening)
- Hard-working, proactive and a team player
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with other general computer skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Full-time, Monday to Friday availability
- Overtime as required
- Sitting/walking throughout the day
- Working on a computer for most of the day
- Travel to the site and off-site locations will be required
- Work both indoors and outdoors at tradeshows/demos
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a strong team player
- Have good attendance and safety record
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners, students working part-time, career builders, and active seniors getting th [...]
Presently we're recruiting Product Testers (from home) in most of the Canadian provinces to expand our private network of In-Home Usage Testers (IHUT) to fulfill upcoming contracts with multinational [...]
Company Description At McDonald’s Canada, people are the foundation of our business. For over 50 years, the health and well-being of our crew, guests and communities have been of the utmost importa [...]
Company Description We are more than just your local restaurant. We are a collection of hardworking small-business owners, students working part-time, career builders, and active seniors getting t [...]