Reporting to the Supervisor, Social Assistance, is the primary point of contact for the client and is responsible for developing and updating a detailed case plan, setting client goals, and monitoring progress as well as identifying and working collaboratively with specialized and enhanced wraparound services internally and externally to meet with client’s needs; overseeing/coordinating all aspects of a client’s case; providing intensive case management to Ontario Works clients in an empathetic client centred manner; providing transition support services; working with a team of internal and external support to coordinate all aspects of the client’s case and address service needs.
- Enables client engagement through consultation, conversation, interviews, assessment, service planning activities, and referrals to appropriate community-based resources and follow ups on a regular basis, dependent upon client need.
- Assists and/or mediates on behalf of the client; works creatively to find solutions/conflict resolution or mutually satisfactory arrangements to life skills, health, employment and other situations.
- Empathetically responds to enquiries.
- Provides information individually or in a group setting.
- Develops comprehensive outcome plans with clients in accordance with legislative and regulatory authority, policy directives, and business practices using agreements and service planning and makes referrals to internal and external community-based programs and other service professionals and community agencies, as required.
- Encourages, assists and motivates clients to become self-supporting; makes appropriate referrals to employment, financial and community resources that will assist the client to gain access to various opportunities/resources/agencies.
- Directs clients to a broad range of assistance activities and participation supports that build employment, life and soft skills based on individual circumstances and needs.
- Monitors client progress/participation in and compliance with the provincially mandated Ontario Works program and related community programs and services as required.
- Coordinates and participates in case conferencing with client and other service professionals including the Integrated Ontario Works Benefits Caseworker on a regular basis.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, in an empathetic, client centric manner.
- Keeps abreast of frequent changes to program guidelines and communication updates.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma (a minimum 2 year program ) in Social Service, Social Work or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) year experience with direct intensive case management experience providing client focused services in a social services environment.
- Solid knowledge of industry-related legislation and regulations applicable to Social Assistance services and programs delivering community resources, including health, counselling and employment programs and services.
- Demonstrated highly developed case management skills, facilitation, crisis intervention, and service coordination skills.
- Demonstrated active listening skills, empathy, and flexibility to support clients’ needs with maintaining a client centered approach within a rules based system.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by November 29, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company description We are on a mission to change the way Canadians send and request money! Mosea is a Fintech startup based in Toronto, Ontario, that is working towards revolutionizing the payments [...]
A family Dental office in Richmond Hill is looking for a friendly treatment coordinator. Good communication skill and prior experience with dental offices. Application deadline: 2021-12-02 Expected [...]
Job Description: Coding Specialist – Clinical Utilization Services Temporary Full Time (18 month) The Coding Specialist, reporting to the Manager of Utilization and Analytics, and under leadersh [...]
Job Description: Medical Laboratory Assistant - evenings Temporary Full Time position (approximately 5 months) There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open o [...]