Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids,
you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding position where you can utilize your administrative and scheduling coordination skills? If you want to use your skills to contribute to the health and wellbeing of children, then we have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Scheduling Coordinator to join the Department of Paediatric Laboratory Medicine (DPLM). You will manage schedule and payroll processes as well as key administrative functions for this large department.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do
Including, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with leadership team to establish staffing models.
- Facilitate stakeholder communication to meet staffing requirements.
- Act as the primary point of contact in the management of all schedule related issues.
- Identify and communicate employee scheduling/staffing issues to Management.
- Regular communication and consultation with leadership team to manage resources in alignment with fiscal accountabilities.
- Act as the primary payroll administrator.
- Manage and provide support to leadership team and staff related to payroll issues.
- General administrative duties including calendar management, monitoring multiple inboxes, file and document management.
- Create specific divisional schedule(s) based on operational needs.
- Manage scheduling, payroll documents, and communications related to scheduling and policy changes.
- Accountable to align activities and performance with strategic goals and objectives of the Hospital for Sick Children.
- Adhere to Hospital standards, policies and procedures.
- Participate in continuing education activities.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Degree or Diploma in Health or Business Administration or a related program.
- 2 years administrative and coordination experience, preferably in a hospital environment.
- Proficient with computer systems and software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Teams, etc.).
- Experience with electronic scheduling is a strong asset.
- Experience administrating payroll is a strong asset.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and reprioritize in an environment of constant change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Committed to customer service.
- Organized, attention to detail, and effective time management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a key member of the DPLM team.
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
While people dream of a better energy future, Peak Power is building it. Founded in 2015, Peak has developed a comprehensive software platform that alleviates strain on the electricity grid and drives [...]
Application Deadline: 2021-12-31 Community: VENTURE PLAY Overview: Venture is a leading national integrated marketing and communications agency that helps entrepreneurs build global brands. As part [...]
Project Coordinator, Signals & Communications (SIG0029) Employee Status: Regular Bargaining Unit: Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Pay Range: 45.58 - 57.74 Location: 161 Bay Street Closing Date: 2 [...]
Position Overview Number of Positions: 1 Language: This role operates in English. Work Model: Hybrid Additional Information: Our national Finance team aspires to create, enhance, and protect va [...]