Rubber Product Manager (L11)
Senior Product Manager
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
WMC is in the process of developing a more focused approach to Rubber Technology in the Mining/Minerals processing industries in Canada. The Rubber Product Manager is responsible for the implementation of Weir Mineral’s Rubber Products strategy in Canada and aligning their application with WMC’s Integrated Solutions strategy. This position will also be responsible for Product Management of Weir/Wales Products such as rubber hose, rubber lined spools,
pipe and molded rubber.
Objectives & Measurement
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
Including but not limited to:
- Develop and deliver on the strategy to leverage Rubber Technology to increase mining, aggregates and general industrial product revenue across Canada for both greenfield projects and in optimizing end user installations in conjunction with our Integrated Solutions strategy.
- Providing leadership with respect to customer engagement and delivery, determining marketing, bid strategy and ultimately creating robust proposals to be presented to clients in partnership with Sales teams.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and provide direct product expertise to customers before, during and after the sales process has been completed.
- Coaching and working closely with the Canadian Sales team to leverage Weir Mineral’s Technologies into Integrated Solutions opportunities.
- Liase with Rubber Product Technology centres to develop manufacturing/installation strategy for Rubber products in the Canadian marketplace.
- Lead Weir Canada Engineering/Project Management teams through design/manufacture/installation process for Canadian projects.
- Provide aftermarket support for Rubber Products installations: review equipment reports and escalate issues/alerts to local service team.
- Conduct VOC and UAT with customers to understand requirements for next generation technologies and barriers to adoption.
- Drive Rubber Products installations in the field by engaging with project management at each installation and providing support in the field as necessary.
- Product presentations and highlighting our capabilities to clients.
- Develop customer account plans and approaches that align our range of Products to provide tailored solutions that meet the customer’s specific requirements.
- Establishing relationships with key Rubber Products contacts at End Users in co-ordination with the appropriate Account Managers.
- Developing a full understanding of the competition, key personnel, pricing, product range, capabilities, etc.
- Develop a statement of work for each installation, reviewing these with customer gaining approval;
- Develop process monitoring and control metrics anticipated for the application in the form of a process monitoring and control specification;
- Assisting with forecast planning, strategic planning and budgets as well as monthly reporting to Division on progress.
- Being an active member of our Mineral Processing Team.
- Rubber Products, Wales installations, growth of revenue, delivery on Minerals Mining, Aggregates and General Industrial initiatives KPIs.
- New business development, marketing materials.
Health & Safety : Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others.
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations.
- Recognise and report and resolve hazards identified.
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe.
- Engage and promote a zero harm culture.
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications
The details described here are representative of those that are encountered by or must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering in Mechanical, Process, Mining or related field. Equivalent mix of relevant technical education and extensive related experience will also be considered. A minimum of (10) years of experience in selling large capital process equipment / long sales cycle products is required.
Experience with and in-depth exposure to selling products for mineral processing applications or industrial markets. Experience dealing with hard rock mining/coal/potash. Extensive experience dealing with end user contacts during complex sales processes. Ability to project manage and supervise installation of large capital engineered to order equipment.
Experience in the development and delivery of marketing strategy: identify target customers, develop multi-year forecasts, delivery go-to market plan.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write detailed technical reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. French would be considered an asset.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Above average numerical skills to understand, interpret and troubleshoot complex engineering problems and commercial aspects of product sales and marketing. Ability to solve complex practical problems and make independent decisions under minimal supervision. Ability to lead, teach and mentor less experienced colleagues.
The incumbent should have knowledge of the following software: Microsoft Windows / Office. Experience or exposure to ERP software or engineering design software is considered an asset.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
P. Eng. Designation with additional product specialization and/or sales/marketing knowledge. Equivalent mix of relevant technical education and extensive related experience will also be considered.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Up to 30% travel required for this role.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. In certain areas of the facility, personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required, including safety glasses, steel toed shoes, and ear plugs
In exceptional circumstances (e.g. visiting customer sites), the employee may be exposed to situations requiring additional safety equipment/training.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manager; gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Managing Through Systems - Designs practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; makes things work through others without intervening; makes things work through others without being there; impacts people and results remotely.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place.
Strategic thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Regional Information (if applicable)
Although this role is a national-level Product Management role located in Ontario, extensive travel to various regions may be required during product sales and customer troubleshooting/support.
Job Type: Full-time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU? Henkel’s leading brands, businesses and functions, paired with our diverse and supportive culture, set you up for success from the start and give you room [...]
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts. · Identify, analyze, and i [...]
Job Description: Tenancy Support Agent 3 contract full-time up to 13 months Human Services- Housing Operations & Management Services This position will coordinate, deliver and support services to [...]
The Applications Development Technology Lead Analyst is a senior level position responsible for establishing and implementing new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the T [...]