Requisition ID: 162637
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Grocery
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Canada (CA)
Location: 7314 Amherstburg Sobeys
Postal Code: N9V 1Z5
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country.
With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Keep work area clean and presentable
- Process Grocery orders
- Perform program execution and merchandising of product
- Perform retail floor maintenance
- Maintain back shop
- Receive warehouse orders
- Increase store sales by actively promoting products
- Participate in the training of junior staff
- Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
- Process department shrink
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
- Other duties as required
- Additional duties for receiving shifts (as authorized and scheduled by management
- Receive, unload and verify load and bill of lading against truck schedule for all incoming product
- Tag and mark each pallet and complete receiving paperwork as assigned (shrink reports, claims)
- Compare packing slips to goods and key product information into SAP system
- Ensure equipment is in good working order by reporting any unsafe equipment or conditions
- Provide internal customer service by effectively communicating with store management / staff and providing updates on shipments as requested
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Job Code : Quality Inspector - Job Title : Quality Inspector P1 - Description : ???????. The Quality Inspector is responsible for direct examination of product to ensure that quality standards and p [...]
Requisition ID: 162634 Career Group: Store Management Job Category: Retail - Meat Travel Requirements: 0 - 10% Job Type: Full-Time Country: Canada (CA) Province: Ontario Ci [...]
Requisition ID: 162635 Career Group: Store Careers Job Category: Retail - Meat Travel Requirements: 0 - 10% Job Type: Full-Time Country: Canada (CA) Province: Ontario City: [...]
Requisition ID: 162634 Career Group: Store Management Job Category: Retail - Meat Travel Requirements: 0 - 10% Job Type: Full-Time Country: Canada (CA) Province: Ontario City: Amherstburg Loca [...]