Reporting to the Program Manager, Information Asset Management, Access and Privacy, and under the guidance of the Records and Information Technician, is responsible for assisting in the operation, maintenance and support of the Records and Information Management program.
- Maintains manual and electronic filing system in accordance with Regional standards.
- Creates new files, prepares files/boxes for off-site storage in accordance with Regional standards.
- Completes paperwork/forms for file storage.
- Reviews, gathers issues and suggests modifications of the Department’s records and information management structure to the Records and Information Technician.
- Assists in processing incoming information,
sorts, classifies and codes material for integration into records and information management systems both hard-copy and electronic.
- Assists with records conversion processes both hard-copy and electronic.
- Inputs inventory/project information into records and information management software (Versatile Enterprise), reviewing to ensure accuracy.
- Enters record data on Regions’ standard records and information management software Edocs and Versatile Enterprise applicable to the program.
- Receives and processes records for transferring to inactive storage in accordance with established records retention by-law and procedures.
- Processes obsolete records and prepares the necessary signature documentation for records slated for destruction in accordance with the Region’s records retention by-law, records and information management destruction policy and procedures.
- Regularly reviews professional and technical literature regarding records and information management, productivity tools and techniques and may attend training as required.
- May travel to other Department locations, as required.
- Successful completion of a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years experience providing administrative and clerical support in a project based office automated environment or the equivalent.
- Current and up to date knowledge of records and information management systems both hard-copy and electronic.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, including records and information management filing systems.
- Working knowledge of Records and Information Management software – Versatile Enterprise.
- Ability to work in a computerized Windows environment including use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Intermediate proficiency in computer applications and adaptability to program specific software.
- Ability to lift and carry forty (40) pound boxes as required.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration, and personal ownership
- All York Region Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be the successful candidate, you will be required to comply with the Region’s mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply online by November 29, 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description At Farm Boy, it is our mission to create a fun, fresh experience for all! Whether you are a team member or a customer, Farm Boy is passionate about creating a unique fresh food sh [...]
Group Description The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique v [...]
Group Description The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique [...]
Job Description: Job Summary: Reporting to the Operational Supervisor, Residential and Day Treatment, the Residential Child and Youth Worker (CYW) works as part of an interdisciplinary team delive [...]