Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain
Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain is one of 14 Home and Community Care Support Services organizations in Ontario. We are dedicated to ensuring our more than 64,000 patients annually receive the highest-quality health care and services at home, in the community and in schools. Our patient-care coordination teams help develop care plans for people of all ages, focused on maintaining each patient's independence and dignity. We also provide long-term care home placement services, and facilitate our patients’ access to the community-based services they need.
Reporting to the Manager, Home and Community Care,
the Speech Language Pathologist provides speech language therapy services to Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain clients in homes, schools, and nursing homes through clinical assessment, treatment plans, goals, consultation with family and other interdisciplinary team members. The Speech Language Pathologist provides recommendations for follow-up and management of the client’s condition
- Responsible for assessing, implementing treatment, setting goals, and ongoing evaluation of speech therapy treatment plans for HCCSS Champlain clients.
- Responsible for scheduling treatment visits to meet client priorities.
- Responsible for keeping the Care Coordinator informed of the client’s progress, through verbal and written reports.
- Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team involved in ongoing communication concerning the client.
- Maintains client records and provides reports according to HCCSS Champlain policies.
- Responsible for teaching client, family and other team members, the treatment program and management.
- Acts as a resource person and consultant for homes for the aged and nursing homes - provides therapy to residents who meet HCCSS Champlain admission criteria.
- Maintains supplies and recommends equipment for department use within budget limitations.
- Acts as a resource person for other health professionals.
- Interprets the role and objectives of the LHIN to the community and interested agencies.
- Partakes in professional development activities and maintains knowledge in the professional field
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Speech Therapy Registered with the Ontario College of Speech and Language Pathology
- Community experience is an asset
- Current CPR-C certification
- Knowledge of community needs, partners and resources
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g., regarding privacy, the provision of health care services, etc.)
- Ability to communicate using various software programs to clearly articulate patients’ status and service needs
- Demonstrated ability using computer technology, including use of email, internet, various software systems, and applicability of electronic communication etiquette
- Uses information from client, client’s family, and providers to formulate recommendations
- Refers to known resources, established standards and precedents, legislation, policies and procedures to develop solutions to meet client needs
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse client groups with varying levels of comprehension and language capability
- Strong ability to manage difficult conversations/situations in a healthy and effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Effective communication skills to establish and maintain a wide range of contacts with professionals and organizations within the community
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Effective listening and strong facilitation skills are necessary to work with clients and their families/caregivers/SDMs in order to ensure best possible service is provided to the client
- Ability to deliver information effectively in a variety of settings including one-on-one, team meetings, and to assist in delivering presentations/information regarding the HCCSS Champlain speech therapy program
- Fluency in English and French is an asset.
- A valid provincial Driver’s License and access to a motor vehicle are required.
- Vulnerable Sector Check completed within the last six months
Pay rate: Wages are in accordance with the collective agreement between Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain and OPSEU and starting salaries range from $39.61/hr. - $42.31/hr
Shift: Casual shifts between the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Location: 4200 Labelle St, Ottawa ON
All applications will be reviewed; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of hire, all successful candidates will be required to provide proof of:
Legal entitlement to work in Canada
Current, up-to-date vaccination status (including full immunization to Covid-19)
2-step Tuberculosis test completed within 4 weeks of the hire date
Criminal record check deemed acceptable to Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required for some positions)
Current registration with an accepted Ontario professional college may be required for some positions
Up-to-date CPR-C certification may be required for some positions
Home and Community Care Support Services Champlain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, Mailroom. Purpose of the Role The main duties of the A [...]
Le nouveau centre de distribution de St-Hubert Détail Mascouche souhaite accueillir un autre chauffeur classe 1 pour effectuer la livraison de nos produits. Les routes peuvent être composées de rô [...]
Nov 20, 2021 Ottawa, CA Why should you consider this opportunity? Would you like to be part of the world's leading producer of building materials that inspire architectural and decorative solutio [...]
Domaine d'emploi: Les services de l'installation/ Gestion de la propriété Type d'emploi: Temps plein Bureau de travail: Durée de l'attribution: À propos de BGIS BGIS est un chef de file de [...]