GHD Consultants inc.
Join a global professional services leader! We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization.
Our Halifax office is looking to fill an Environmental Scientist position in our growing Canadian Operations.
Overview of responsibilities
- Project managing biophysical and permitting scopes of work for clients in various industries.
- Coordinating internal GHD environmental disciplines and external sub-consultants
- Attending and presenting in client meetings
- Coordinating and attending public consultation events (e.g., open houses, information sessions, meetings)
- Preparing environmental assessments,
technical reports and environmental discipline specific documentation
- Preparing proposals for permitting and biophysical studies in Atlantic Canada
Skills and qualifications (Scientist will also be considered if they meet the qualification requirements):
- A post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, or a related discipline
- 5 - 7 years project experience with a specific focus within the natural resource, mining and energy sectors (e.g., EA, mining company or mine projects, etc.)
- Experience in managing biophysical studies and permitting scopes in Atlantic Canada.
- Experience in all stages of the project life-cycle, from preparing bids, field work oversite, to data analysis and reporting
- Strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Past experience in biophysical work to support contaminated sites programs is a benefit.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Work Setting Hotel, motel, resort Specific Skills Address customers' complaints or concerns Wash windows, walls and ceilings Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furni [...]
1. Providing excellent Customer Service by greeting all customers in a polite and friendly manner, assisting customers by promoting products/services, locating merchandise and making purchase decision [...]
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CA Req ID: 9941 Jobs by Category: Retail Job Function: Retail Status: Full Time Schedule: Regular Description What does it mean to join our T [...]
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles) Additional Skills Professionalism in customer service A [...]