Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 278722
Position Number: 20056730
Posting End Date: October 1, 2021
Site: Misericordia Health Centre
Work Location: MP2
Department / Unit: Misericordia Place - Long Term Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: IUOE/OEM 987D
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - 08/25/2022
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Directly accountable to the Manager or designate, the Health Care Aide acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team, assisting with participant care and providing basic supportive care as directed. Performs all duties in accordance with established health and safety regulations/guidelines, policies and procedures (e.g. utilizing personal protective equipment as per safe work procedures).
- Recent experience as a Health Care Aide is preferred.
- Experience with older adults is preferred.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized educational institution.
- It is recommended that, at minimum, staff possess the Family & Friends category of CPR training.
- Not Applicable
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and support for, the Centre's core values, philosophy, vision, C.Q.I. goals, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team; the principles of personal care/rehab care/dementia care/chronic care; and non-violent crisis intervention.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Non-violent crisis intervention training preferred/essential.
- Demonstrates participant focused care in accordance with MHC's Mission Statement and meets physical requirements to carry out job duties - lifting, bending, reaching above the head, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, reliability, and creativity.
- Must show compassion, kindness, patience, and understanding.
- Ability to relate to participants as a motivator, problem solver and helper.
- Is friendly, caring, and sociable.
- Is customer service-oriented with an emphasis on participant-centred care.
- Able to follow instructions precisely.
- Functions effectively within a changing environment and an interdisciplinary team, with an emphasis on interprofessional collaboration, team work, and communication.
- Must be able to organize and adjust to variable workloads and interruptions.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing education and participates in professional activities for personal and professional growth.
- Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
- Involves physical activities such as standing, transferring, and transporting participants and equipment.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
- May encounter exposure to disease, radiation, toxic materials, noise, allergens, etc.
- May occasionally work extended hours.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process..
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Specific Skills Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment Pack and unpack goods Work Conditions [...]
Only Fully Vaccinated Person's will be interviewed and Proof of Vaccination will be required when setting up interviews: Duties Include but not limited to: - Receive, verify, record and place the [...]
CanCap Management Inc. is a privately-owned Canadian national financial services company with multiple verticals across automotive, consumer, and merchant lending portfolios. We manage the entire life [...]
Procter & Gamble is seeking highly motivated individuals for Territory Sales & Service Specialist roles with our P&G; Professional Organization. P&G; Professional is a leading manufacturer and markete [...]