Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership o/a Reliance Home Comfort
Position: Legal Counsel
Location: 2 Lansing Sq., North York, ON
Reports to: General Counsel
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort has been the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.9 million customers across North America.
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home and business heating, cooling, hot water, water purification, electrical, plumbing & Smart Home products & services. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly,
knowledgeable service and advice - and that’s comfortable!
Our organization has grown exponentially in size, and we are incredibly proud to be recognized by:
• Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2X winner)
• Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada’s Most Admired CEO (Sean O’Brien)
• Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work in Canada”
Each day, 2,400 Reliance Team Members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, prioritizing health & safety, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2020 alone, we donated over $750,000 to United Way, Habitat for Humanity, and other local charities.
Reporting to the General Counsel, this position will provide business oriented and practical legal support regarding litigation, liability, insurance, compliance, and privacy matters. The position will be responsible for leading Reliance’s Claims Group and will have ownership of litigation, liability, insurance, and regulatory claims activity (including ordinary course product liability and business critical litigation). This position will also provide occasional support to Reliance’s functional business units with general commercial matters and growth initiatives.
- Have ownership of all litigation, liability, insurance, and regulatory claims, both by leading the Claims Group and as an individual contributor
- Monitor and analyze claims occurrences and recommend actions to mitigate risk
- Review, develop and monitor compliance with applicable privacy laws for Reliance’s Canadian and US operations
- Manage the annual renewal of Reliance’s insurance program
- Co-ordinate the use of outside legal counsel where applicable
- Respond to other legal issues from various areas of the business areas as needed and provide value-added input in business decisions
- Monitor legal and regulatory environment for potential risks that may be detrimental to the business
SKILLS, ABILITIES and EXPERIENCE:
- 2 - 5 years of relevant experience gained from a major law firm and/or in-house law department
- Experience with litigation, settlement rates, and liability claims
- Experience leading clerks an asset
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written as you will be contacting customers and escalating issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and results focused
- Preference will be shown to those with experience managing a high volume of litigation and liability files, and to those with direct experience in insurance and privacy law
- Must have access to reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license as the position will require some travel within Ontario.
- High degree of independence and financial responsibility
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who you are: You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and custo [...]
WHO YOU ARE - You have amazing attention for details and can effortlessly juggle multiple competing priorities while keeping a smile on your face - Your customer service skills are top notch [...]
Requisition ID: 127844 Cost Centre: CREDIT SOLUTIONS & SUPPORT CENTRE Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $1,000.00 We are committed to investing in our employees and helping y [...]
Job Description: District Stroke Coordinator Permanent Full-Time Position Available There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health’s two hospitals — Macken [...]