Nova Scotia Health Authority
Click here to apply as an internal applicant.
Req ID: 108036
Location: Western Zone, Valley Regional Hospital
Department: OPWZ Medical A Cardiac Unit
Type of Employment: Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Union Status: Nursing NSNU
Posting Closing Date: 4-Oct-21
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
This is a reposting. Previous applicants do not need to re-apply to be considered.
Reporting to the Manager, Medical A Unit, the Registered Nurse works to full scope of practice as an independent practitioner within an inter-professional and collaborative team, providing holistic (addressing bio, psycho, social, cultural and spiritual needs), and comprehensive care for individuals, families, groups, populations and communities across the continuum of care. The RN provides leadership and applies advanced nursing knowledge within specific practice settings, and in-depth nursing knowledge, skills and judgment in providing care to all individuals (includes families, groups, populations and communities).
The RN ensures that the principles and practices that guide our work such as the mission, vision, values, expected behaviors, the leadership philosophy, organizational health, population health, ethics, safety, quality, partnerships and inter-professional collaboration are integrated within the services they provide and through the messages they deliver.
- RN Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing required
- Current, or eligible for, registration with the Nova Scotia College of Nursing (NSCN)
- Current BLS certification required
- Unit-specific equipment & technology
- General computer proficiency is required
- Demonstrated accountability
- Demonstrated communication and conflict resolution skills
- Motivated with a strong customer service orientation building solid health care client/partner relationships
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and innovation
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Demonstrated planning, organization and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Commitment to promoting a culture that supports safety, ethical practice and organizational health
- Exemplary work history as demonstrated in current and past employment
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
- Permanent, full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
- Shifts include 12 hour shifts, rotation of days and nights
$35.2108 - $41.4848 hourly
$42.9366 hourly with 25 years of RN experience
Successful candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus and/or relocation assistance based on qualifying criteria, conditional upon the signing of a Return of Service Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
- Criminal Record Check
- Proof of education & training certifications
- Proof of any additional required qualification
- Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
- Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
- Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Nursing bargaining unit - NSNU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
or equivalent experience Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.) Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate Work Setting Office building [...]
or equivalent experience Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Work Setting Hardware store Type of Product Lumber and plywood Building materials (other than lumber) Flooring [...]
Finance, General Operating Systems and Software Sage Accounting Software Documentation Knowledge Driver logbook Business Equipment and Computer Applications MS Excel MS Windows [...]
or equivalent experience Major Work Area Estimating Business Equipment and Computer Applications Take-off packages Spreadsheet MS Excel Estimating packages Additional Skills [...]