Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Land Use Planner
Parsons Ottawa is seeking a full-time land use planner to join our dynamic team with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced yet flexible work environment. Our company provides a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach to projects. Our team is comprised of engaging, talented, and motivated professionals from a variety of backgrounds, all with unique skills and experience that combine to create a strong and supportive office. We have a passion for creating high-quality sustainable environments that evoke a strong sense of place and an emphasis on mobility.
Our Ottawa office is conveniently located on the Confederation LRT Line between Cyrville and St. Laurent Stations at 1223 Michael Street North.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of assignments including preparing and submitting development applications, due diligence/site evaluations, zoning by-law and official plan reviews, best practices research, coordinating consultation programs. The candidate will also contribute to environmental assessment projects and design assignments for complete streets, transit corridors, active transportation facilities, and public realm designs for important civic investments. The area of work is predominantly eastern Ontario, with an opportunity to contribute to projects across Canada.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the completion of area, site and corridor land use studies
- Assist in the development of policy analyses, planning rationales and feasibility studies
- Assist in the management of a variety of planning applications including Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments, Site Plan Control, Plans of Subdivision, Severances and Minor Variances
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of materials to clients and/or public meetings, committees, councils
- Assist in the preparation of environmental assessment studies including analysis of existing conditions, evaluation of alternatives and coordinating consultation programs
- Coordination with municipal provincial, and federal staff and other approval agencies in pursuit of approvals and general coordination tasks
- Negotiate or assist in negotiating relevant agreements and conditions (i.e. subdivision and site plan, permits, etc.)
- Preparation of illustrative graphics and presentations
- Preparation and execution of stakeholder engagement strategies and participate in public meetings
Parsons is seeking applicants who:
- Have an undergraduate degree in Planning. Preference is given to individuals with a graduate degree in planning
- Have a minimum of 5-year related and progressive experience
- Have a positive attitude towards work, colleagues and supportive of a team environment
- Have a working knowledge of land development process and land use and infrastructure planning in Ontario
- Have an interest in transit-oriented development, urban mobility, urban design, and place-making
- Possess strong initiative, independence and problem-solving skills
- Have good critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent computer skills including experience is such programs as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative suite of applications, and visual design software programs. Ability to operate in GIS programs is considered an asset
- Demonstrate excellent English written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate (oral and written) in French is considered an asset
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Membership (candidate status or full membership) in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute is preferred or the ability to gain candidate status
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are currently looking for a reliable, skilled, on-call machine operator for sidewalk snow removal in Ottawa West. (Nepean/Kanata) Ideal role for retirees or bus drivers. Individuals should [...]
Job Description How about flexible hours that let you do your thing, whatever your thing is. The opportunity to grow, professionally, personally and financially. How about the chance to be part of [...]
Requisition ID: 127543 Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. What your role will be… Financial Advisor At Scotiabank we help employees build [...]
Why Sherwin-Williams Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you [...]