What you will do
Under minimal supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control technicians, service technician and mechanical technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required project and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Consults with the customer through data gathered and site assessments. Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts and bid proposals.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls technicians in the branch. Provides safety awareness while working onsite with Johnson Controls subcontractors.
- Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required.
- Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians and Service Technicians on complex building automation systems. Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- Other duties related to the installing, commissioning and servicing of building controls and facilities management systems and energy management systems, as assigned.
- Assists in the design and configuration of building control systems as defined by the contract documents. Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, and bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
- Assists in the development and testing of software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
- Compiles and/or completes project as-built and close-out documentation.
- Assists in the coordination and creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
- Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
- Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
- May provide field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
- Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
- Assists in performing site-specific training for owner / operator on the total building control system.
- Participates in release meeting with project field team.
What we look for
- Vocational School four-year program graduate or an Associate’s degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field.
- Degree may be offset by two years’ experience in servicing electronic and or mechanical systems.
- Five to seven years of increasingly responsible experience in installing and servicing electronic control and HVAC equipment.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications as related to the HVAC Industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, Bac Net, N2, Mod bus, etc.).
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, and computer -related drafting tools.
- Experience with Johnson Controls current and legacy control products and systems.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Not just a job… a community a partnership a team You’ll experience them all at London Drugs. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most successful retail chains, we know what it [...]
Company Description In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonald’s® history. In 1967, the first McDo [...]
Beauty Advisor Needed Is your interest in beauty and health more than “skin deep”? Do your friends and family members ask you for cosmetics advice? Are you up-to-date with the latest beauty tr [...]
Talented Estheticians Required to bring Vichy Treatments and Float Therapy to Waterloo Region... At Azure Aqua Spa, we believe that everyone has wellness within them, and it is our passion to guid [...]