Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Apply for position
Patient Administrative Associate - Transfusion Medicine Clinic - Regular Part-Time (211305) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 5/27/2021 5:07:05 PM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.4 FTE) opportunity for a Patient Administrative Associate in the Transfusion Medicine Clinic at our Bayview Campus.
Summary of Duties
The Transfusion Medicine Clinic PAA is responsible for co-ordination of patient flow and patient activities; administrative services for patient care unit; and, maintenance of patient records, staffing, scheduling, payroll, and administrative support to patient care areas where assigned, and other duties as the role dictates.
- One year of Community College
- Medical Terminology course preferred
- Successfully completed the Hospital’s PAA training and successfully met the requirements of the Performance Review and Development Plan (i.e. confirmed in the PAA role) will be given priority consideration.
- One year of Administrative/Business experience required, in a health care setting preferred
- Demonstrated Patient-Focused Care/Customer Service behaviour
- Knowledge of software packages such as Word/Windows
- Working knowledge of Excel and Statistic Maintenance
- Working knowledge of O.R. functioning and surgical procedure terminology preferred
- Keyboarding at 40 w.p.m. with maximum 5% error rate
- Ability to organize work effectively, and work at a fast pace in an unpredictable environment
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to start date (e.g. one dose of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single dose vaccine series). Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Clerical
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
STARTING TODAY Serious candidates only Afternoon job from 3pm-finish $3/box Must have an SUV or bigger Looking for drivers in Toronto Richmond Hill Markham Newmarket Aurora Please contact Mike R [...]
Looking for a person who can do general help like painting and job around the house. will pay cash $ 16 per hour. If interested please call 416-8339902 . Must have experience and hard working. Locatio [...]
1. Champion Associate Engagement and retention programs within the store, by ensuring Grass Roots meetings are executed, and partnering with Store Management to address issues where required. Support [...]
Looking for someone who is young, hungry Very personable knowledge of food and bar knowledge Able to walk up and down stairs Has knowledge of changing kegs, making cocktails, creating cocktail/drink m [...]