Quality Engineering Lead
LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better.
Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company.
We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people - and its customers - and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
Work closely with a technical and agile development team in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. You will play a key role throughout the release life cycle by working closely with the Quality Testing team, software developers and project stakeholders to ensure that Quality Testing goals have been met.
What can you expect in this role?
- As a QE Lead, you will be responsible for developing and executing test strategies and test plans for releases with a focus on optimized coverage across work streams
- Maximize test automation coverage by bringing in automation first mindset and look for opportunities to shift-left testing in the delivery process
- Work collaboratively with cross functional team across various work streams in Agile model
- Lead a team of QE professionals and drive testing priorities to achieve the necessary business outcomes
- Provide accurate and detailed QE test status to stakeholders, along with issues, trends and potential impact and drive timely resolution of impediments
- Identify and select industry best practices, to support continuous process improvements and efficiencies in the overall QE processes at Economical
- Participate in the coordination of the change/release management and production implementation processes and activities
- Provide project and technical orientation and support for team members
- Support development of insurance domain knowledge and understanding of business processes within the team
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of Quality engineering experience with minimum 3 years leadership experience to leading QE initiatives and increasing Test Effectiveness and Quality
- Experience in Insurance industry is a must
- Working knowledge of Oracle/SAP corporate systems and hands on experience is preferred
- Oracle HCM Cloud systems experience will be a great advantage, not mandatory though
- Knowledge of Corporate back office systems and workflows as well as integration with financial and HR systems will be beneficial
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C# with experience in development and maintenance of Test Automation Frameworks / Test Harness
- Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adapting quickly to changing conditions and providing approaches for pragmatic improvement and delivering results on time
- Experience and understanding of Agile software development methodologies
- Good hands on working experience in participating and driving Agile Scrum ceremonies viz. Sprint planning, Backlog grooming, Retrospectives, Scrum of Scrum etc. from testing viewpoint.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts and approaches and experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with testing RESTful APIs, big data platforms is nice to have
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot - you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns - participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document. The posting will close at midnight on the deadline date; in order to successfully apply, please ensure your application is submitted by 11:59 p.m. the day before the deadline.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]ical.com .
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: Toronto, Canada Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems ar [...]
Location: Toronto, ON, CA Req ID: 7382 Jobs by Category: Technology Solutions Job Function: Technology Status: Full Time Schedule: Regular Description Join our team! The T [...]
Description Join our team! The TELUS Central IP / Transport Network Planning team plans and budgets the growth and sustainment of the Transport Network in Ontario, Manitoba & Maritimes region t [...]
43531 - Toronto - Regular - ongoing Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history [...]