Fraser Health Authority
Coordinator, Complex Patient Discharges - Medicine Program Posting Number 1371925
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, partnership and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it is our people make Fraser Health distinct.
As Coordinator, Complex Patient Discharges, you will support Langley Memorial Hospital and lead activities and projects that will facilitate the system-wide improvement of processes related to Alternate Level of Care (ALC)/Complex Patient Discharges throughout Fraser Health within the Medicine Program.
Your specific job duties will include:
- Assessing the process for patient placement and patient flow related to Alternate Level of Care (ALC)/Complex Patient Discharge within the Medicine Program across Fraser Health.
- Monitoring and assessing the appropriateness and effectiveness of the identification of the ALC/Complex Patient Discharges; researching, collecting and analyzing clinical and related data and recommending and/or implementing quality improvement measures.
- Working within the Medicine Program and other clinical program areas to provide direction and consultation regarding appropriate clinical placement.
- Acting as a resource for managers, physicians, clinical and clinical support staff regarding ALC/complex patient discharge policies and procedures and clinical decision-making tools.
- Participating as a member of the Medicine Program team on internal and external committees regarding ALC/complex patient discharges and other related matters to provide updates on trends and other matters.
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have the following:
- Bachelors Degree in a health care related discipline;
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years recent related clinical experience in a complex healthcare environment;
- Two (2) years experience in a leadership/management or project management role;
- Current registration with the relevant professional body or association;
- Valid B.C. Driver's License; access to a vehicle for business purposes.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with health care providers who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- Competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of professionals in a dynamic and exciting health care environment.
Work with an expert team and join our dedication to provide quality care to our patients and clients. We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as an excellent place to work. We value diversity in the work force and seek to maintain an environment of Respect, Care and Trust.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Location: Regina, SK Status: Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours per week); Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 4:30 PM. Reports To: Branch Manager About ATS Traffic ATS Traffic is a family-owned business th [...]
Additional Skills Delegate work to office support staff Specific Skills Carry out administrative activities of establishment Administer policies and procedures related to the release of re [...]
or equivalent experience Major Work Area Maintenance and repair Construction Additional Skills Instruct apprentices Work Setting Residential Commercial Specific Skills Fi [...]
Specific Skills Schedule and confirm appointments Determine and establish office procedures and routines Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages Answer electronic enquiries [...]