Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto; Calgary; Vancouver
Develop your industry knowledge and technical and other abilities rapidly so that you become famous for what you do and require minimum manager supervision;
Work on client engagement teams executing VCS advisory services, supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for turnarounds and/or M&A; transactions;
Conduct detailed research and analysis of client, industry and market performance and develop practical strategies and action plans, including the supporting financial analysis, models and implementation plans;
Deloitte’s Value Creation Services (VCS)
team offers its clients cross-functional advisory services when deadlines are often urgent. We help solve our client’s most complex business and performance challenges, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A.; Are you interested in being part of diverse team, having an impact on clients? If so, please take a look at our posting below and apply today!
What will your typical day look like?
We’re looking for a Manager-level practitioner to join our team. This individual would focus on the Pre-Deal M&A; Diligence and M&A; Execution pillar of our service offering, while periodically supporting our other offerings).
If you asked one of our current Managers about the types of things they’ve actually done over the past year or so, and which you might expect to do? They’d probably include things like:
HR Due Diligence
• Assist senior client executives, including Chief Human Resources Officers, Chief People & Culture Officers, and Chief Operating Officers, and other senior client teams in strategizing HR enabled value creation opportunities such as minimizing future operating risks or costs, accelerating people and cultural integration, and providing greater integrity during the transition.
• Assist a client in understanding and analyzing HR information to identify opportunities and risks of potential acquisition targets
• Provide technical, financial and analytical expertise to guide clients towards superior decisions based on analysis and data-driven insights.
• Perform carve-out assessment of a target, including the design of a standalone organizational structure and operating model, assessing stand-alone costs, one-time transition costs and evaluating TSA service schedule requirements.
• Unlock client’s growth potential by assessing and analyzing their HR/people alignment with the business vision and market needs.
• Manage teams of approximately 2-3 VCS professionals in the delivery of both client engagements and internal practice/firm initiatives.
• Demonstrate an understanding of integrations, carve-outs, and other types of transactions.
• Assist in identifying risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, and specifically the HR functional area.
• Manage multiple priorities while you apply your excellent project management, problem-solving, and facilitation skills.
About the team
Deloitte’s Value Creation Services team specializes in cross-functional and cross-industry advisory in high-urgency timeframes. We help solve the complex business and performance challenges faced by our clients, whether they be in thriving or distressed business transformation situations, or the cut-and-thrust environment of M&A; . . . or sometimes all of the above! Our main areas of focus are:
• Performance Improvement & Turnaround: Helping clients with rapid revenue and market growth initiatives; cost reduction; working capital optimization; and business model transitions, transformations and modernization.
• Pre-Deal M&A; Diligence: Operational, IT, HR and Commercial due diligence to help clients drive informed bids, frame out risk factors, uncover value potential, and get a head start on post-merger integration planning
• M&A; Execution: Working with clients pre- and post-signing to design, plan and execute post-merger integration programs that help maximize the deal value, minimize Day 1 disruptions, and accelerate and de-risk deal closing
In addition to what was noted above in what a typical day would look like, our team members also get exposure to other M&A; related experiences that could include:
• Supporting other pre deal due diligence efforts, including market assessment, technology due diligence, and operations due diligence to help client make informed decisions.
• Assessing a client's state of M&A; readiness with respect to people, resources, planning, data collection and strategy, while identifying significant-risks, issues, interdependences and opportunities for overall improvement.
• Assisting with the assessment and configuration of a client’s target operating model, and the identification of its synergies and key value drivers.
• Delivering one or more aspects of hypothesis-driven broad and rapid EBITDA improvement. For example, completing work on: pricing studies, sales and marketing effectiveness, product and customer profitability, value analysis, supply chain, cost efficiency and organizational structure redesign and working capital management.
• Cultivate strong relationships with clients at senior levels and help drive a high degree of client satisfaction on engagements.
• Work directly with Senior Managers and Partners to qualify new business opportunities, structure and develop proposals and close the sale to help achieve overall VCS team revenue objectives.
• Build and leverage your network both internally and externally to open new channels for revenue growth for VCS as well as other teams within Deloitte.
• Embracing and living our firm’s purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing themselves and their colleagues to identify solutions to the challenges that are the most important for our clients, people, and society.
• Have and continue to have fun!
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of approximately 5-7 years of related work experience in professional services or strategic roles in industry tackling HR-related issues (e.g. HR strategy, HR M&A;, HR Integration).
• Professional designation(s), applicable HR certifications and/or Masters level education would be considered an asset.
• Performed broad HR assessment to understand potential HR risks and issues.
• Good understanding of at least a few of the following HR areas: compensation and benefits review, organizational structure, HR function operating model, people and culture, HR payroll and regulations, labour relations.
• Experience in owning and driving the design, execution and delivery of transaction outcomes across the M&A; lifecycle, specifically supporting or delivering HR M&A; projects including HR due diligence, HR integrations, carve-outs, or other types of transaction engagements.
• Proven experience in core diligence and consulting skill-sets, including hypothesis-based problem solving skills, analytical rigor and discipline, and superior structured communication capability (reports, PPT presentations and other deliverables).
• Exposed to significant organizational events (e.g. restructuring, business transformation or turnaround) and how clients typically respond to them by rapidly improving their revenues, reducing their costs and improving their working capital and business models.
• Exposure to business development activities (opportunity generation, proposal development and sales close).
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead teams.
• Flexibility and adaptability regarding work assignments, including willingness to learn new skills, subject matter areas and industries and willingness and ability to travel.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for 2 people to do packaging at a chcolatw warehouse Pays 16$hr You will get paid at the end of your shift Cold environment ONE DAY JOB do not call if you want cash 905-453-6400 [...]
Reporting to the Director, Procurement, the Manager, Procurement Operations will be responsible for the delivery and governance of procurement for goods and services in Argentina, Brazil, and Chile op [...]
Looking for experienced and proficient in Accuro and Microsoft Excel Medical Billing Agent. Contact for more details. [...]
Want creative freedom over your food and consistent hours? We are looking for someone to join our team that has a passion for food and likes to be creative. Cooking experience required. Super competet [...]