From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex accounting and finance process issues across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won’t find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you’re looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. In Canada, our FAAS team consists of dedicated financial reporting and accounting advisory professionals in five locations across the country. We combine technical accounting skills in IFRS, Canadian and US GAAP, practical experience in financial reporting processes as well as deep sector and regulatory knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assurance Manager, you will help finance leaders address the challenges and ongoing changes facing their business and manage the resulting repercussions on the accounting and finance function. You will partner with them to achieve their potential in acquisitions, divestitures, optimization/restructuring or accounting standards policy implementation and convergence. In addition, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, and drive improvements in business processes.
Skills and attributes for success
- Plan, manage and participate in various engagements (researching application of accounting standards to various transactions, assessing financial and governance processes, assisting with accounting framework transitions, comparisons of different company practices, developing and providing tailored training, etc.).
- Prepare deliverables tailored to client needs.
- Supervise engagement teams including delegation and review of work performed.
- Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback and coaching. Lead by example.
- Establish and maintain relationships with client management.
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments.
- Stay informed of new economic developments and their impacts on clients.
- Develop people by encouraging individuals to think for themselves and take responsibility for their contributions to the team, focusing on diversity and inclusiveness.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Attend training programs to continually develop skills.
- Maintain cooperative relationships and foster mutual support with other EY service line teams.
- Prepare proposals and realize business development plans through a strong professional network.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major and a minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant experience along with a Canadian CPA designation
- Audit or business experience in financial statement close or the application of accounting standards
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings
- Impeccable client relationship skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Arrow Workforce Solutions is currently looking for General Labor to join one of the largest retail distribution center located in CALGARY SE. We offer full time/ part time hours as per business nee [...]
Do you enjoy meeting new people, getting to know them, and hearing their life story? Are you retired and looking for a part time job that would allow you to connect with and support others? Ha [...]
Your Opportunity: Unit 58 is an Acute Inpatient Care Unit with a focus on Neurosciences & Hospitalist patients. Our unit is a quality improvement focused environment with an expectation of staff eng [...]
We are looking to hire 3 new Benefits Specialists by the end of this week. We are looking for candidates from various backgrounds who appreciate a company that takes pride in making the day to day [...]