City of Brampton
TRANSIT SERVICE CENTRE HEAD CLERK 1 (6-Month Contract)
Reporting to the Transit Service Coordinator and the Supervisor of Transit Service Centres & Revenue. The Head Clerk 1 position will be an ambassador championing the delivery of exceptional customer service. The position is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the store. The Head Clerk 1 will be asked to perform exchanges, refunds, adjustments, handle escalated customer service issues and other duties as assigned.
- Reconcile (cash reports/inventories/PRESTO etc.)
- Replenish coin/fare media
- Troubleshoot POS /SPOS equipment issues
- Assist in completing paperwork while covering vacation/sickness in other Transit Service Centres as required
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers in person or by phone.
- Receive, assess, refer and answer public inquiries about Brampton Transit and the services offered.
- Update Absent Notification Reports, complete incident reports, operate a POS system.
- Perform exchanges/refunds on fare passes and make adjustments to incorrectly completed transactions.
- Handle escalated customer service issues.
- Maintain store supplies.
- Assist in training staff.
- Perform other similar and related duties to the position, as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent secondary education.
- An aptitude and passion for customer service.
- Previous cash handling, cash balancing, customer service experience, with a strong attention to detail.
- Sound judgment; excellent public relations and communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the streets in Brampton.
- Ability to interpret maps, timetables and tariff manuals is essential.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple computer systems.
- Provide assistance in the training of new employees.
- A minimum six months previous experience in an administrative or accounting capacity would be considered an asset
- Successful candidates must be available to work flexible hours on short notice - this includes early morning, days, evenings and weekends.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Temporary
Hourly rate: $24.46 per hour
Applications must be received by June 04, 2021
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by clicking the button above, by June 04, 2021. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate at their own expense to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected] or (phone hidden) with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Company: FedEx Express Canada Job Title: FULLTIME WAREHOUSE WORKER - OVERNIGHT SHIFT - URGENT HIRING! Job Requisition Number: RC441846 Job Family: FXE-CAN: Ops Cargo Handle [...]
Short Description Full-time Position Office location is Mississauga, ON Currently Hybrid Office/Work from home At Flynn, It's not just a job, it's a career The position of Talent Acq [...]
Job Description: Program Analyst 3- Contract Full time, up to Twelve (12) Months Human Services –Integrated Business Support CUPE LOCAL 966 The Program Analyst works as a member of [...]
Hot job opening, fresh out of the Oven! Do you like people? Do you like pizza? We are searching for just the right person to join our team at Domino's in Brampton, Bolton, Nobleton and Vaughan! [...]