BMO Financial Group
250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
The Senior Business Analyst has solid understanding of the Wealth Management Operations business with Corporate Action and Tax Processing expertise. The role provides operations expertise in the design, development, test, management and implementation of assigned projects from business case development through to execution. Works across BMO to deliver specific project/program results in alignment with overall group goals for Wealth Management Operations. Acts as the project lead for medium to large initiatives and ensures that process design reflects current business strategy and business/stakeholder requirements to drive critical business insights and outcomes.
In addition to project work, the Senior Business Analyst may work with the business to perform data analysis, provide recommendations related to optimized business processes or technology solutions.
The role is part of the Wealth Operations Delivery team that is responsible for B2C Strategic Initiatives Portfolio for change management, implementation, project delivery and process improvement. The team is engaged to implement best practices of team development, provide project support and implementation for Wealth Management Operations.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behavior; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Acts as a relationship manager on assigned projects/programs and ensures alignment to overall enterprise and group goals.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Participates in project/program design and provides advice & subject matter expertise to achieve required business results.
- Conducts analysis required to inform strategic recommendations and considers the “big picture” when assessing whether or not a course of action is advisable in terms of the group and enterprise goals.
- Collaborates with internal & external stakeholders to provide business context in the design, develop and implementation of programs & solutions.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Drives cross business/group coordination and logistical support for the implementation of change.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works on initiatives with varied complexity, typically involving multiple stakeholders across Wealth Management and Technology.
- Identifies enablers and key issues prior to and during implementation, raises issues with stakeholders and offers solutions to resolve issues or risks that jeopardize delivery.
- Focus is primarily on Wealth Management Operations; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Self- managed and can navigate in grey space; be proactive and possess an attitude for success with consulting skills.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Subject matter expertise in Tax Processing.
- Solid knowledge of project management (including requirements gathering, end user acceptance testing and scenarios) and the system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Demonstrate advanced presentation, writing and documentation skills.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Advanced understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. HPALM, JIRA, MS Office Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Possesses solid business understanding and knowledge of technology and applications used by business partners (such as Broadridge, Global Plus, Unitrax etc.).
- Helpdesk, Mutual Funds and Segregated funds would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Corporate Actions is an asse
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for someone who is very approachable, communicates well with everyone (guests and co-workers) knowledge of the toronto covid guidelines can control a busy environment able to follow ins [...]
Looking for someone who is young, hungry Very personable knowledge of food and bar knowledge Able to walk up and down stairs Has knowledge of changing kegs, making cocktails, creating cocktail/drink m [...]
Looking for someone who is young and energetic with Bar experience and management experience. Ideas and execution mind set is a must. Looking for someone who can help where is needed and has great com [...]
Date Posted: 09/16/2021 Closing Date: 11/15/2021, 11:59PM ET Req ID: 4368 Job Category: Faculty - Tenure Stream (continuing) Faculty/Division: University of Toronto Scarborough Departme [...]