Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: COVID-19 Screening/Testing Nurse (RN/RPN)Work Site: COVID-19 Migrant Worker Screening - Richmond, BCStatus: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 142766-ndh
Come work as a COVID-19 Screening/Testing Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse OR Registered Psychiatric Nurse to join the COVID-19 Migrant Worker Screening team in Richmond, BC as a COVID-19 Screening/Testing Nurse. Apply today to join our team!
As a COVID-19 Screening/Testing Nurse at VCH you will:
- Provide nursing services to patients that present for COVID-19 assessment and testing.
- Work in a drive thru type environment, and be able to keep pace with multiple tasks such as patient assessments, COVID-19 testing, redirecting patients into assessment areas, and providing health information, education, and referrals related to communicable diseases, prevention and control.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year recent, related experience relevant to the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of Trauma Informed Practice and Harm Reduction and oriented care.
- Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with clients and provide culturally sensitive nursing services to diverse and marginalized populations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures and practices.
- Ability to interpret changing information and guidelines and provide patient education to patients based on recommendations provided by Public Health
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain droplet contact precautions (mask, eye protection, gown and gloves) at all times, including the donning and doffing of PPE.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers, medical staff, other health care staff, clients and their families and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care, the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, care team and community partners and the ability to identify and facilitate community resources appropriate to clients’ and families’ needs.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel, teach, facilitate and coach individuals, families and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritise work and adjust to unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, problem solve and facilitate resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with others to make evidence informed decisions.
- Demonstrated facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and delivery of educational materials based on education theories and best practices.
- Demonstrated computer literacy to operate a computerized client care information system as well as applicable word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Our Purpose We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, [...]
Auto req ID: 250404BR Job Description PepsiCo Sales Leadership Program Available Opportunities in Western Canada: Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg At PepsiCo Canada we are [...]
At ProCogia we’re passionate about developing data-driven solutions that provide highly informed answers to our clients’ most critical challenges. Our projects are varied, from Data Warehouse buil [...]
Imagine waking up every morning excited to start work... Sounds crazy, right? At Procurify, this is our reality. Our team is made up of intelligent, humble and hilarious “misfits that fit” who mak [...]