SCM Insurance Services
Company:Xpera Attênuation Des Risques Et Enquêtes
Private Investigator - Surveillance - Part-Time (Burnaby, BC)
Xpera Risk Mitigation & Investigation, premier national provider of Risk Mitigation & Investigation Services. We provide innovative solutions that reduce risk, minimize loss and increase human safety, enabling our clients to function at their fullest potential. Through our suite of services we enable our clients to enhance business performance and insure operational continuity by providing the experts and the tools to manage all levels of risks.
Reporting to the Investigations Manager,
this position will be responsible for conducting thorough and detailed covert surveillance investigations both by vehicle and/or on foot. The Investigator must share a passion for investigations and display an unwavering commitment to excellence. He/she must also possess a professional demeanor characterized by integrity, good character, and mutual respect.
The Surveillance Investigator position will involve the completion of assignments while gathering purposeful evidence/information in coordination with achieving client and Management goals, while doing so in compliance with the company’s systems, policies and procedures.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. We offer competitive wages, RRSP along with group medical and dental benefits.
Competencies required to succeed
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to write detailed, comprehensive reports.
• An analytical thinker with advanced problem solving skills. Ability to approach a problem from different perspectives and explore all angles, using an investigative mindset.
• Comfortable with the use of a computer, standard programs, and use of online data resources, etc.
• Must be discreet and comfortable handling sensitive information.
• Extremely organized, concise, and strong attention to detail.
• Must work well independently with minimal supervision.
• Use of a reliable motor vehicle that is suitable for surveillance.
Education, knowledge and experience required Experience
• Two years of experience conducting mobile and foot surveillance for insurance claims and corporate investigations is an asset.
• Completion of Investigator training/course, diploma/degree in criminology; background in legal, and/or psychology an asset.
• Possession of a valid Ontario Investigator license
• While the incumbent must be team-oriented, it is imperative that he/she be self-sufficient and dedicated as the role of an investigator calls for much independence in the field.
• Flexibility to work irregular hours and days - evening, weekend, and holiday work will be required
• Positive Team Dynamics
• Fast paced environment
• Physical Demands: Hand writing, data entry, extended hours sitting, standing, walking, running, driving.
• All prospective employees must pass a background check
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional terr [...]
BCIT’s School of Construction and the Environment is currently seeking a regular full-time Instructor. The Building Science Centre of Excellence in the School of Construction and the Environment, [...]
BCIT’s Computing Department is currently seeking two temporary full-time Instructors who are highly talented, motivated and qualified professionals ready for the next level and next challenge in the [...]
BCIT’s Computer Systems Technology Department is currently seeking three temporary full-time Instructors who are highly talented, motivated and qualified professionals ready for the next level and n [...]