Health Careers in Sask
RHA Job Number:GO-00628687
Number of Vacancies:1
Hours to International Airport:0.0
Facility Name:Royal University Hospital
Department:Clinical Health Psychology
Employment Term:Part Time
Posting Date:April 26, 2021
Closing Date:April 26, 2022 17:00
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
In a 3 week rotation: 7 shifts of 8.00 hours
Rate of Pay: $52.771 to $64.374 (5 step range)
The psychologist in the early childhood psychology program will have responsibility for developing and maintaining clinical/consultation services for pediatric patients referred to the department of clinical health psychology. Clinical services will include provision of psychological assessment, therapy and consultation services to hospital departments and community agents/resources (e.g., family physicians, other health care providers). The psychologist participates in research, quality improvement and risk management activities, provides clinical teaching and supervision to Psychology Residents and students as required, and maintains electronic and paper client records including documenting client diagnosis, treatment, progress notes, and psychological reports.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan College of Psychologists
Experience working with early childhood development and assessment. Demonstrated knowledge of psychological needs of preschool children and the social contexts which influence child development and adjustment. major focus in pediatric psychology and training in lifespan human development, particularly from birth to age 5, including the impact of family dynamics, normal family functioning, and child rearing practices on normal child development and on the development of childrens problems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Advanced organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with and maintain an effective working relationship with clients from diverse social, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development, family systems theory, attachment theory, addiction issues, mental health disorders, issues affecting mental health in youth, and treatment modalities appropriate for youth and their families.
- Demonstrated competence in providing clinical assessments and intervention services for children, infants and families (including family therapy, parent counselling, child psychotherapy and addiction related issues).
- Ability to work alone as well as within a multi-disciplinary setting
- Ability to provide individual, group, family and crisis management/stabilization counselling skills
- Extensive knowledge of differential diagnoses and intervention/treatment of children and youth exhibiting mental health issues, disorders, and addiction issues
- Field Hours
- Preference for this position will be given to HSAS members in accordance with the terms and conditions of the SAHO/HSAS Collective Agreement. HSAS seniority within the Saskatchewan Health Authority will be considered under the Selection Criteria.
Expected Start Date: May 10, 2021
This posting will remain Open until Filled.
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description: * Main Duties* Reporting to the Casino Shift Manager, this position focuses on risk mitigation in support of organizational excellence, by supervising the control and record keepi [...]
Job Description: * Main Duties* Reporting to the Casino Shift Manager, and supervised by the Slot Supervisor, this position ensures that SIGA’s slot-playing guests receive exceptional, friendly [...]
Brandt is currently seeking a Receiver located in Saskatoon. Reporting to the Integrated Materials Manager, the Receiver is responsible for helping out with shop flow at our Saskatoon Manufacturing Fa [...]
Company Description Here’s what’s possible for H&M; VISUAL MERCHANDISERS: Yes, we are seeking Visual Merchandisers, but only those who refuse to settle. Those who are fearless of pressure. Y [...]