Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Looking for an interesting job where you can make a difference? Look no further. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Lab Assistant to join our team in Stoney Creek.
As a Lab Assistant you will play a key role in the testing and diagnostic process for a wide range of patients. This is a Temporary Full-time role with morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shift options to support work/life balance. LifeLabs also provides first aid training,
continuing education opportunities, and excellent opportunities for career growth and advancement.
In this role you will:
- Unpack and sort a wide variety of incoming specimens received from sources including physicians, clinics, hospitals, and mobile LifeLabs technicians.
- Confirm the accuracy of all patient information on requisitions and specimen samples, resolve any problems or inaccuracies prior to testing, and perform required data entry.
- Prepare and sort specimens for technical analysis.
- Train and orient new team members.
- Perform weekly and monthly maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Conduct all work in full compliance with all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations.
The right person for this role is an organized and detail-oriented individual with good problem solving and customer service skills. Some key qualities include: flexibility, accountability, and attention to detail. Other requirements include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on a variety of tasks throughout the day.
- Data entry and computer skills.
- Prior experience in laboratory operations or medical terminology an asset.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.
Grow your career with LifeLabs. Apply today.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Medical, Laboratory, Temporary, Medical Lab, Lab Assistant, Healthcare, Science, Contract
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At Hitachi Energy, our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning a [...]
Do you enjoy physical work and are you looking for a permanent, stable job in an environment where you will be treated like family? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team where you will have fun [...]
Business Support Analyst The basic function of the Business Support Analyst is to help company function more efficiently by executing better process planning and resource utilization. Job Summar [...]
Job Description Do you enjoy physical work and are you looking for a permanent, stable job in an environment where you will be treated like family? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team where [...]