The Scarborough Hospital
Job Number: J0921-1098
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Surgical Suites (GEN)
Department: Surgical Suites
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: General
Job Type: Full Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Evenings, Holidays, On Call
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east.
We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager of the Operating Room, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population with the challenge of our multi-service environment.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Current BCLS
• Successful completion of Post-graduate course in operating room
• Must have at least 2 years of recent OR experience (if the applicant has not completed the OR Course)
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to function both independently and as a team member in a fast paced demanding environment
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
• Recent perioperative nursing experience
• Bachelors′ degree in Nursing preferred
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
1. Preparing the sales floor for store opening 2. Setting, merchandising and signing features 3. Completing live unloading of other types of merchandise 4. The main differentiator between thi [...]
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 Req ID: 18832 Faculty/Division: UofT Scarborough Department: UTSC:Dept-Management Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) Description: Course Code an [...]
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 Req ID: 18830 Faculty/Division: UofT Scarborough Department: UTSC:Dept-Management Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) Description: Course Code an [...]
Date Posted: 10/23/2021 Req ID: 18831 Faculty/Division: UofT Scarborough Department: UTSC:Dept-Management Campus: University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) Description: Course Code an [...]