Health Careers in Sask
RHA Job Number:GO-00644802
Number of Vacancies:1
Profession:Health Information Management
Employer:Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
Hours to International Airport:0.0
Facility Name:POPULATION HEALTH
Department:EARLY DETECTION - PL
Employment Term:Full Time
Posting Date:September 14, 2021
Closing Date:September 21, 2021 21:30
Hours of Work:Shift Information: Days
108.78 hours per 3 week rotation: 14 shifts of 7.77 hours
Rate of Pay:Pay Band 4 $26.724 to $31.274 (5 step range)
The Early Detection Health Information Practitioner is responsible for ensuring data quality within Early Detection programs, as well as the completeness of client follow-up care. Key is assuring that data quality and data analysis with abnormal test results are accurate and complete, including reportability of the data to regional partners and Canadian Partnership Against Cancer. Responsibility includes the release of information, quantitative analysis, and quality assurances and assembly of all patient information and other related clerical duties. This position reports to the Manager, Early Detection.
- Grade 12
- Active Membership with the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA)
- Diploma in Health Information Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate factual information both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a computerized data entry system
- Ability to operate all types of office equipment.
- Accuracy of fine motor movements required for typing and sorting charts
- Competent in the use of computers and Microsoft applications
- Human relations skills required to empathize with complaints and/or concerns and establish rapport with patients, the public and other staff.
- Moderate Judgment and problem solving skills are required to select the most appropriate action from a variety of alternatives.
- Ensures data quality is maintained by developing and implementing a continuous quality improvement process in Early Detection.
- Analyses the results of edits/audits as a quality control measure.
- Works with Epidemiology and Performance Measurement to ensure data quality is reportable at a national level.
- Develops and conducts regular audits of screening data.
- Analyzes data from reports etc. to identify areas of discrepancy.
- Participates as a key member of the Early Detection Quality Improvement Committee (this committee reports to PQIC).
Geographic Location: REGINA
Expected Start Date: September 28, 2021
Expected Up To Date: March 31, 2022
Working in Canada
Candidates are required to be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply on this position.
Direct Inquiries To
Human Resources, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Concentra is growing! And we’re looking for great people. Are you seeking an opportunity to expand your career in accounting and finance? Or, are you a new graduate with experience in a finance [...]
Paradigm Consulting Group is looking for Organization Change Management (OCM) Resource that will play a key role in helping projects meet business, schedule, and budget objectives. This role focuses i [...]
Job Overview Have you always wanted to combine your love for fitness with your sales experience? Well, you clicked on the right position because that is exactly what a Membership Consultant role is [...]
Job Overview We are hiring for a new positing at Evolution Fitness! The Fitness Manager must work like a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich but most importantly can CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES! Think t [...]