Macnaughton & Ward Financial Services
Job Posting #MW202108
Macnaughton & Ward Financial Services Ltd. is seeking an Investment Services Administrative Assistant
for our company. Macnaughton & Ward Financial (MWFS) helps clients insure, invest and protect their
future security with insurance and financial solutions. The company was established in 1975 and
continues to provide a high standard of service and support to our clients. The Investment Services
Administrator is paramount to all aspects of administration and marketing of the business.
About the Position:
The primary duties of the Investment Services Administrative Assistant are to administer and oversee
the client product processes for Macnaughton & Ward Financial.
Knowledge of Fixed Term (GIC)
Deposits, Segregated Fund products, and Individual Life Insurance and related change and service forms
for our key partner companies. Initiate client onboarding and service change forms in preparation for
the President’s client meetings. Contact clients to schedule meetings with our advisors at required
- Work closely with President to accurately and efficiently prepare client documents and forms
prior to (or during) client appointments; maintain daily communication with and provide
support on MWFS client files;
- Administer all MWFS client inforce service notifications from each carrier and provide customer
- Arrange meeting time for client appointments for all MWFS clients, plan the client visit annual
meeting schedule to achieve current and ongoing clients’ insurance and investment needs;
prepare client agenda and necessary client forms package in advance of scheduled meeting.
Update internal systems with all completed forms;
- Implement and manage the distribution and assignment of orphan client service requests; make
new client contact by telephone; prepare MWFS introduction client letter; schedule
appointment with advisor;
- Scrub all new and maturing Fixed Income (TFSA/GIC/RRSP/Advantage) accounts from MWFS
advisors prior to submission;
- Administer the Deposit Business (GIC) applications and maturities and complete professional
correspondence with each client and each advisor;
- Prepare each client investment portfolio report package and all customer correspondence.
Verify output and distribute MWFS Client Portfolio reports;
- Lead the seasonal client data contact process ensuring routine outreach output information is
- Input daily Deposit Broker rate updates on company websites;
- Lead the plan for Tax Season so best practices are in place: update systems, collect payment and
e-file prepared tax returns while ensuring timely completion of seasonal income tax returns and
update procedure manual ongoing;
- Administer the Tax Return process by reviewing the submitted client tax slips and request any
outstanding required items and then package all completed tax returns and ready for pickup.
- Handle incoming customer telephone calls and emails and respond to client and carriers’ service
Marketing meetings: Schedule regular team meetings and coordinate seasonal advertising,
distribution of client letters, sales campaigns, sales initiatives and promotional pieces in
cooperation with the Marketing & Communications Administrator;
- Provide support for group insurance customer inquiries and claims queries;
- Maintain up-to-date client and account records of communications using established
procedures in systems and software.
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes
- The company will provide training to those without insurance and investment experience
providing you have adequate existing administration skills;
- Proven ability to work to deadlines with a daily systemized routine;
- Possess a “take charge, and can do” attitude and able to work with management team and work
- Ability to escalate challenges and review next steps with your manager;
- Takes initiative and communicate in a timely manner;
- Excellent time management and organization skills a must;
- Excellent telephone communication skills and strong command of English, both written and
verbal. Ability to recognize and receive our various types of customers.
- Personable, friendly, calm, diplomatic, cooperative demeanor with excellent customer service
- Familiarity and comfort with database input.
Specific Qualifications required for this position
- Individual Life Insurance administration experience;
- 2 years relevant experience preferably in Insurance and Financial Service industry with
experience servicing Insurance and Investment customers.
- High School Diploma required; LLQP an asset for insurance and investment product terminology
- Post-Secondary Diploma, Business Administration Certificate or related years of experience; and
- Canadian Deposit Course or equivalent an asset.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive
and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities
in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and hand written covering letter, quoting the
position and Job Posting # to: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be
Director of Operations
Macnaughton & Ward Financial Services Ltd.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Hey, we're Ardene! We're the ultimate destination in North America and beyond for head-to-toe apparel, footwear, and accessories - all at the best prices. In 1982, we started as an accessories and je [...]
Coordinator, Regional Quality Review Posting Number 1410083 We hire great people for outstanding jobs. We are seeking a Coordinator, Regional Quality Review to come aboard and provide support in our [...]
job description What This Position is All About In the role of a Beauty Advisor, you are a friendly, customer-focused individual who understands the importance and intricacies of being ready to ser [...]
*Open Availability between 6am-3pm, Monday to Friday required* Position Purpose: Merchandising Associates (MEAs) merchandise and maintain various product sets in The Home Depot retail environment t [...]