Chief Advisor IS&T; Americas & EMEA
- Work from Montreal hub
- Opportunity to lead in a high change environment focussed on digital transformation
- Lead from the front and continue to build an effective and cohesive team
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Chief Advisor IS&T; to lead strategic alignment, work prioritisation and the design and delivery of technology projects across North America, Europe and Africa that drive business value. Through effective partnering between IS&T; and the Rio Tinto assets across the region, this role influences overall technology execution and contributes to the development of operational strategies.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Manager with great business partnering skills to work as part of a global team and build strategic business partnerships with stakeholders in the region.
Being one of Rio Tinto’s senior leaders means helping to run a company that drives human progress. You are writing the next chapter of our story. You lead some of the industry’s best and brightest minds, working to solve the challenges of the 21st century. With a global reach, the opportunities to develop are broad and exciting.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer and working in a diverse team of leaders within IS&T; globally, you will:
- Lead and oversee strategic engagement with senior Product Group (PG) leaders to develop technology strategies and roadmaps that meet business needs
- Work with Aluminium, Copper and Minerals PGs to deliver a material portfolio of projects. Projects and programs range from sustaining capital works on an existing asset base to complex new digital solutions to meet business needs
- Lead the Americas & EMEA PMO, providing support in the areas of Delivery, Design & Engineering and Project Services
- Lead the establishment of strategic programs and initiatives to address risk and support business growth
- Lead and develop a diverse, distributed team of managers using a supportive and collaborative approach.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Qualifications and/ or previous experience with information technology (IT) preferred
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Strategic level engagement lead experience
- Experience leading a delivery function
- Comfort in working with complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to communicate complex IT concepts in language that is understood by non IT professionals
- Ability to influence decisions and outcomes without decision rights or authority
- Ability to enable and develop people through providing direction, coaching, recognising performance and leveraging their diversity of skills and experience
- Bilingual language skills preferred (English & French)
You should also be an effective and collaborative team player who leads by example and shows respect and genuine care for others.
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers - generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium - the world’s first to be certified “responsible” - helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T;) operates to enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritize critical work. The function provides solutions that are aligned with current and future business requirements through the development and ongoing delivery of IT strategy and solution roadmaps.
Through appropriate governance, consultative processes, and the use of industry best practices, IS&T; also ensures that emerging technologies and innovative ideas are constantly evaluated, considered, and adopted, to provide easy-to-use, best-in-class solutions and services.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome - they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Applications close on Thursday the 16th September 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
AVEC EXPÉRIENCE SEULEMENT ScellantXtra est à la recherche de main d'oeuvre pour les réparations/mise à niveau et nettoyage du pavé uni. Emploi temps plein 40HR/semaine , salaire compétitif , bon [...]
Job Description Hed Rossi Enterprises Ltd. is located in Mount Royal and is a third generation family business. We offer over fifty years’ experience as a contractor specializing in almost all are [...]
Administrateur base de données Description de poste Sommaire Au sein de l'équipe des services d'application, le candidat sera chargé de gérer les bases de données d’affaires et de déve [...]
Travailler à CBC/Radio-Canada À CBC/Radio-Canada, nous avons pour mission de créer des contenus qui informent, divertissent et rassemblent la population canadienne sur de multiples plateformes. N [...]