Reliance Comfort Limited Partnership o/a Reliance Home Comfort
Position: Smart Home Technician
Location: Ottawa, ON
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort has been the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.9 million customers across North America.
Reliance™ has been providing affordable, reliable home and business heating, cooling, hot water, water purification, electrical, plumbing & Smart Home products & services. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice - and that’s comfortable!
Our organization has grown exponentially in size, and we are incredibly proud to be recognized by:
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2X winner)
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada’s Most Admired CEO (Sean O’Brien)
- Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work in Canada”
Each day, 2,400 Reliance Team Members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, prioritizing health & safety, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2020 alone, we donated over $750,000 to United Way, Habitat for Humanity, and other local charities.
Why work with us?
- A generous compensation plan ($21/hour)
- A comprehensive benefits package and group savings plan
- WorkPerks savings program
- On-going professional development training and advancement opportunities
- Goodlife Corporate Membership discount
- President’s Club Recognition program: reliance.area.ca/club/index.html
The successful candidate will be responsible for professionally installing, maintaining, and servicing Smart Home solutions, in accordance with manufacturer specifications and local codes. You will ensure the safe operation of all installations and correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance. You must be able to cultivate a positive relationship with customers; informing customers about how Reliance can make their everyday life simpler, by recommending products, services and demonstrating your ability to communicate, and provide solutions. You must have an attitude that drives growth as you will be an integral part of a progressive customer service-oriented team, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Must have a G Driver’s License
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position including but not limited to, frequent lifting of weight between 25 to 50 kg, bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working indoors and outdoors in all types of weather, must be able to work with approved protective workwear in dusty or slippery work environments
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics, mobile applications)
- Experience with installing smart home equipment is an asset
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications
- Possess strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Very punctual and dependable
- Maintain company vehicle to a neat, clean and safe standard
- Ability to take direction and work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required, including weekends
- Familiarity with HVAC controls is an asset
- Gas Fitter 2 License an asset
- Paid training will be provided
- Represent Reliance in a professional, and courteous manner on each and every call; you are a proud ambassador for our company
- Professionally install and service smart home devices including but not limited to, Nest Thermostats, Hello Doorbells, Google Home devices
- Create solutions to simplify customers’ everyday lives
- Ensure personal and customer safety by utilizing health and safety guidelines
- Provide superior customer service by way of positive customer interaction
- Educate customers about system capabilities and provide clear operational instructions, options, and recommendations
- Contribute to business growth by lead generation. Explain, educate and promote the value of Reliance’s products, services, and programs on every call
- Other duties, as assigned by management
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates (if applicable). This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Start date - As soon as possible Job Type: (Part-Time, Overnight shifts, 11 pm to 7 am) Serious applicants only. Be sure to read the information thoroughly before submitting a resume Benefits - Staf [...]
Riteway Window Cleaning Inc. is looking for motivated, reliable and safety conscious individuals for our 2021 season. Duties include providing window cleaning and related services to residential and [...]
Oz Kafe is looking to add a full-time cook to the team for our Garde Manger/Cold Side position. We are a Casual Fine-Dining restaurant with a European inspired menu. Our focus is on seasonal cuisine, [...]
***Training will be provided. Experience a strong asset*** At Jiffy Lube 1180 Terry Fox in Kanata South we are looking to add to our existing team. We are looking for a full-time employee. Must have [...]