BMO Financial Group
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Provides line of business leadership to support high quality sales and service to investment clients to deliver an exceptional client experience. Provides technical expertise for all aspects of investment management and administration to ensure compliance. Works collaboratively within the branch and the regional team as part of the client/relationship management solution. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups as appropriate.
- Monitors performance results at the regional, market and professional level; develops action plans to resolve gaps.
- Develops internal and external networks and referral sources to grow business in the assigned portfolio / jurisdiction.
- Enhances presence in the marketplace by collaborating with other experts to create integrated business development strategies.
- Develops investment proposals and participates in meetings with prospects/clients.
- Provides investment management, fiduciary expertise and strategic leadership for business, products, and policies to Investment professionals within the assigned portfolio / jurisdiction.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Collects data needed for quarterly performance reporting and analyzes the performance of each mandate on the platform.
- Develops and recommends model portfolios based on the statistical evaluation of risk, return, and correlations.
- Prepares spreadsheets and reports with information about performance information, portfolio summaries, asset allocation targets, etc.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Leads / participates in the management of governance meetings and maintenance of governing body mandates, oversight and approval guidelines.
- May provide specialized support for other internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of tools and training required to deliver business results.
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- Leads/supports contract negotiations with vendors, balancing cost, risk and performance.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Develops and manages a business/group program.
- Reviews the program for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Performs sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative support to team members and relationship managers that includes regular communication with clients, investigating and responding to customer inquiries, preparing customized client reports, implementing portfolio re-optimizations, and verifying performance measurement reports.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA, or other graduate level designations are preferred.
- CFA preferred.
- Must be registered, or is immediately qualified to be registered as an unrestricted Advising Representative with securities commissions.
- Expert understanding. Fiduciary law and applicability to investment and trust accounts.
- Expert knowledge of Public equity and fixed income markets.
- Advanced knowledge of Private and Alternative asset markets.
- Expert understanding of tax-related issues affecting investments.
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory environment.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
AZ DRIVER NEEDED FOR IMMEDIATE START. 2+ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. URGENT HIRING. [...]
AZ DRIVER NEEDED. URGENT HIRING. 2+ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE NEEDED. HIGH PAYING JOB. GRAVEL WORK. [...]
URGENT HIRE FOR A FULL-TIME CANDIDATE FOR PERSUING DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES IN THE OFFICE, YARD AND DELIVERIES FROM CUSTOMER AND VENDORS. IMMEDIATE HIRING. PRODUCTIVE PAY. G LICENCE MANDATORY. CALL 905-5 [...]
Our client in the Waterloo Region is looking for a Network Architect to join their team. For this role you must have 1-2 years of Network Architecture experience with 5-10 years of Network experience [...]