BMO Financial Group
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Develops, manages, retains and grows profitable banking relationships with high-net-worth clients and prospects. Assists in the design, development and delivery of solutions that meet the client’s complex balance sheet management needs while providing expert service and highly personalized interaction. Develops and executes a business plan to profitably grow overall banking revenue while maintaining adherence to the Bank’s risk tolerance. Works collaboratively in the branch and regional teams to identify and make referrals.
Makes credit decisions/recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank policy & procedures.
- Works in a deal team environment using planning-based approach to develop and execute the growth and retention strategy the portfolio.
- Provides superior service to an assigned portfolio of clients with the objective of becoming their trusted advisor.
- Leads a deal team to meet client needs when acting as the lead relationship manager.
- Manages the retention and expansion of client relationships through a contact strategy and an ongoing review the client’s banking needs.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of financial planning principles, incorporating this into planning strategies to help clients.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Ensures high quality of information obtained to support decisions.
- Contributes to the assigned portfolio’s profitability through expense control and profitable pricing practices for products and services.
- Negotiates appropriate pricing using discretion where required to build a profitable portfolio.
- Provides integrated and customized advice, and helps clients achieve their financial and personal goals using a consultative approach in customer conversations.
- Applies financial planning skills and concepts against each client’s personal and financial situation.
- Acts as an ambassador to enhance BMO’s reputation in the market.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures, guidelines, legal and ethical requirements and regulations including individual accountability as it relates to potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy, and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all banking products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements.
- Ensures lending and non-lending decisions, prospecting activities are adequately documented; responds to questions and resolves issues raised through audits, quality checks and reviews.
- Manages risk and minimizes losses through monitoring and control reports, ensuring verifications are completed in accordance with guidelines.
- Documents and follows-up on any discrepancies to procedures, operational risks and escalates per guidelines.
- Performs sales and service support activities to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels.
- Develops rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility and earn their trust.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must meet the licensing and certification requirements for the team / branch / jurisdiction where the mandate is being fulfilled.
- Credit Qualifications and associated credit knowledge and skills according to the standards established within the credit qualification process, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Personal and Commercial credit and non-credit products.
- In-depth sales and client service skills
- In-depth business development skills with successful track record
- Expert relationship management skills.
- Able to work independently, resolving complex or ambiguous issues or situations.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Prince [...]
These individuals possess the ability to review insurance contracts, identify additional exposures and recommend coverage, while providing top notch service to our customers • Manage and service pe [...]
Need someone to do some work around my house. I will be paying $15 an hour for the work. The work will start on September 19th 2021, (Sunday). [...]
If you're interested in working for a company that pays well and truly cares about all members, read below: This is our busiest time of the year, and we are looking to bring on 3 new customer servi [...]