Requisition ID: 114252
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Provides strategic direction, leadership and oversight for the wealth management division of Scotia Capital Inc. (ScotiaMcLeod and iTRADE), Scotia Wealth Insurance Services Inc. in Canada, The Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Company and MD Financial Management entities (other than asset management business run through MD Financial Management Inc. the included businesses referred to as tthe ''businesses'') ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are supported in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promotes effective relationships with key regulators of the businesses.
- Provide support to the SVP Compliance, Canadian Banking and Global Wealth (''SVP'') to develop, monitor and regularly update the strategic direction of the businesses' Compliance operations to ensure that regulatory risks are managed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the firm's Risk Appetite.
- Support the implementation of an enterprise-wide strategy for effective managing Compliance Risk in the businesses, as outlined in the Compliance Policy and the Regulatory Compliance Management Framework (''RCM Framework'') contained therein and other relevant documents. ''Compliance Risk'' is defined to include regulatory compliance and adherence to ethical standards.
- Lead and manage the businesses' Compliance's operations domestically, including the monitoring of regulatory developments, the maintenance and updating of policies, procedures and compliance systems, testing and monitoring programs, regular reporting to senior Compliance and business management and the timely escalation of material compliance concerns; provide expert advice and counsel to the businesses.
- Provide support to the SVP to communicate and incorporate the relevant risk appetite statement and risk appetite measures, in alignment with the Bank's risk culture, into activities so as to: embed prudent risk taking into day-to-day management, planning and decision-making implement controls and processes to effectively identify, report and monitor risk; and, ensure timely action is taken to effectively manage and mitigate risks, including prompt escalation of breaches of management limits or risk appetite measures as per established processes.
- Create an environment in which the team pursues effective and efficient operations of respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls within the businesses to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Build a high performance environment and implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Is the registered Co-Chief Compliance Officer for the wealth management division (ScotiaMcLeod & iTRADE) of Scotia Capital Inc. under securities laws and SRO Rules.
- Highly knowledgeable about securities, insurance and trust laws and ethical standards.
- Highly knowledgeable about the businesses' activities, products & services and organization.
- Able to think strategically about designing and delivery of the Compliance program in the businesses.
- Able to assess difficult compliance and other regulatory issues, exercise sound judgment expeditiously with respect to such issues and defend decisions with management of the businesses.
- Able to effectively work with and influence business and other control functions personnel in the businesses to implement compliance-risk management initiatives.
- Able to deal appropriately and effectively with Regulators.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at all levels, including with management of the businesses, the Board of securities registrants, and Regulators.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Prince [...]
These individuals possess the ability to review insurance contracts, identify additional exposures and recommend coverage, while providing top notch service to our customers • Manage and service pe [...]
Need someone to do some work around my house. I will be paying $15 an hour for the work. The work will start on September 19th 2021, (Sunday). [...]
If you're interested in working for a company that pays well and truly cares about all members, read below: This is our busiest time of the year, and we are looking to bring on 3 new customer servi [...]