Requisition ID: 116701
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Director, IB Fraud Program Management, you will lead and oversee Fraud projects for the International Banking Fraud Management team ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, Finance policies and internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Lead and drive a customer-focused culture throughout your team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manage a complex portfolio of project/strategic initiatives across the IB Fraud units with numerous interdependences, often involving multiple internal and external constituents, matrixed partners and stakeholders in multiple geographies.
- Maintain alignment between the Global Fraud organization’s project portfolio and International Banking priorities, taking into consideration business needs and challenges. Ensures there is a clear linkage between the business vision / context and the project scope and objectives. Ensures that mechanisms to measure benefits are set up for each project.
- Oversee the development, execution and management of key initiatives:
- Develop and ensure projects are managed to completion in support of IB Fraud Units
- Ensure ongoing strategic and tactical support is provided to the Fraud team and project leaders in the implementation of their business strategies and initiatives
- Work closely with different country and regional Fraud teams across IB to understand and determine ways to address / remove obstacles
- Drive fiscal planning aligned with a strategic roadmap of initiatives, working closely with local fraud and technology teams to prioritize
- Consolidate and report IB Fraud project status / progress to Fraud executives. Keep all stakeholders informed of project status, monitor critical path, assess potential risks that could significantly impact project performance, and escalate critical issues up to senior management and executives for quick decisions.
- Build strong relationships with functional areas and promote communications between Fraud, IT&S;, Risk Management, Finance, Internal Controls, and other stakeholders. Ensure that Fraud projects receive sufficient attention and, where necessary, escalate issues to executives, steering committee and sponsors so that needs are met and discrepancies are resolved.
- Work closely with Global Fraud Technology team to implement effective architecture solutions, consistent with the Fraud Technology Target Operating Model
- Manage relationships with Global Digital organization and external partners such as Vendors to drive consistency, standardization, and innovation
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Do you have the skills that will enable us to succeed in this role? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Bachelor Degree required
- MBA (or equivalent) is preferred
- PMP training or designation preferred
- Working knowledge of fraud, retail credit products, consumer credit lifecycle, risk management
- Knowledge of business analysis / project management methodologies and tools
- Expert knowledge of MS applications (Work, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years’ retail banking experience
- 5+ years’ project management experience
- Excellent communication / presentation skills, written and verbal
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Spanish is required
- Ability to build strong relationships across levels and geographies to positively influence work outcomes and achieve results
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: ''for every future'', we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Prince [...]
These individuals possess the ability to review insurance contracts, identify additional exposures and recommend coverage, while providing top notch service to our customers • Manage and service pe [...]
Need someone to do some work around my house. I will be paying $15 an hour for the work. The work will start on September 19th 2021, (Sunday). [...]
If you're interested in working for a company that pays well and truly cares about all members, read below: This is our busiest time of the year, and we are looking to bring on 3 new customer servi [...]