Requisition ID: 114207
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be, using technology to create innovative,
forward thinking banking solutions with our clients’ needs in mind.
We are made up of high performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our high trust agile environment to deliver best in class solutions for our customers. We believe in giving people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them, allowing them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their career.
Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
Considered a Center of Excellence for Tangerine, the Product Economics team leads and oversees strategic planning, pricing, forecasting and performance optimization functions across all products for Tangerine Bank ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop volume and revenue forecasts, while delivering strategic insights and recommendations to improve performance.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of key drivers of product performance and competitor offerings; support strategic action plans by triangulating needs with business objectives, data insights, and macro-economic factors.
- Analyze complex business problems, across products, by acquiring and filtering through large volumes of data (internal and external sources) to provide insights and recommendations using advanced analytical tools (SAS, R, and Python). Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate root causes/drivers.
- Develop and maintain an integrated system of performance benchmarks and reporting infrastructure via business reports, dashboards and data models; prepare and communicate summary reports to an executive level audience
- Understand complex data networks and navigate through data to get at the relevant information to inform business decisions.
- Maintain detailed multi-product knowledge of competitor dynamics, Client behaviour, and portfolio trends, to triangulate data driven analyses and recommendations.
- Maintain understanding of treasury / risk assessment techniques and macro-economic conditions to evaluate implications on product performance and Fund Transfer Pricing (FTP).
- Develop forward looking forecasts for balance, revenue, account growth and customer behaviour, triangulating statistical techniques with external market analysis and internal data sets
- Develop detailed financial models, using a variety of statistical techniques, to build detailed scenario plans; prepare strategic communication materials, highlighting risks, opportunities and decision-making points to support action plans.
- Develop an integrated system of performance benchmarks to measure results, and develop segment specific strategies to inform campaign tactics.
- Support various product teams and agile squads with analysis, planning and actionable insights to optimize channel performance.
- Support campaign execution and tactical strategies with market insights, pricing considerations and volume/margin dependencies.
- Support training of Product Economics Analysts to enhance learning and development.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine’s promises.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
We would love to work with you if you have:
- University or College Degree in Business, Math/Statistics
- 2+ years of experience with Data Visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- 3+ years of work experience in an Analytics role
- Experience with advanced analytics tools (R, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment is an asset
- Proficient understanding of the Retail Banking and Wealth Management Sector
- Experience preparing materials and communicating to an executive audience
- Knowledge of proprietary databases & Warehouse structures (EDW)
- Strong financial and analysis skills including experience with SAS, R, Python
- Strong MS access and excel skills - including excel regression functions, VBA
- Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders without formal authority
- Proactive nature to issue resolution and strategic thought leadership of the business
- Ability to synthesis complex information clearly and simply to a broad audience- excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capacity
- Strong Financial acumen and understanding of P&L;
- Excellent information gathering and research skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway? At Maersk Distribution and W [...]
Job ID: 198772 Store Name/Number: ON-Devonshire (0598) Address: 3100 Howard Ave Unit C4A, Windsor, ON N8X 3Y8, Canada (CA) Full Time/Part Time: Part Time Position Type: Regular The Mak [...]
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. We have over 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favourites and are present in 190 countries worldwide. In Canada, excelling mean [...]
Who you are: You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and custo [...]