Extendicare Canada Inc.
REGISTERED NURSE (Permanent Full Time-Evenings) - Extendicare Falconbridge
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada.
Candidates are invited to apply for the Permanent Full Time Registered Nurse position to work at our Extendicare Mississauga facility,
a 234-bed long-term care home, located in Sudbury, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.
Sign on Bonus is Available
- To fulfil the role of Charge Nurse, supervising and managing care to the extent of her scope of practice, as per CNO standards.
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians’ orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents’ health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians’ orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance evaluations and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Complete RAI-MDS documentation.
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care/Management.
- Staff replacement during after hours, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Previous long-term care experience would be an asset.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired clients with challenging behaviours.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to collaborate and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
CLOSING DATE: July 30th, 2021
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Erika Brisson, Director of Care
E-Mail: [email protected]
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
*Open Availability between 6am-3pm, Monday to Friday required* Position Purpose: Merchandising Associates (MEAs) merchandise and maintain various product sets in The Home Depot retail environment t [...]
Requisition Number: 90388 Job Description Cintas is seeking a production Warehouse Associate - Loader/Unloader. Cintas provides a variety of products to a large customer base each day. Those produc [...]
Employment Opportunity Notice EX21-545 The City of Greater Sudbury requires a Business Services Representative Reporting Location: Lionel E. Lalonde Centre Limited Position Estimated Pro [...]
Code de demande: 312639 Chez Bell, on ne se contente pas de construire des réseaux de calibre mondial, d’élaborer des services novateurs et de créer du contenu pour des médias multiplateform [...]