Extendicare Canada Inc.
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (temporary full-time) -The McCall Centre for Continuing Care
Candidates are invited to apply for the above temporary full-time position to work at The McCall Centre for Continuing Care, a 21 -bed interim long-term care facility, a 102 bed Complex Care facility, a 39 bed Complex Care Unit and a 36 bed Ortho Unit located in Etobicoke, Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Food Service Supervisor is accountable for all aspects of dietary services within the home to meet the nutritional needs of residentspatients, and to ensure the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of food to the residentspatients..
- Plan, organize,
and provide high quality dietary services for residentspatients of each facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles, best practice, and standardization to workflow, performance, production and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff works as a team, ensure high level of productivity and best use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residentspatients, families, team members, government officials, and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.)
- Post-secondary education in dietary management and the successful completion of a recognized Food Services Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary management experience in long-term care setting.
- Member of a recognized Food Service Supervisor’s Association.
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees.
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Knowledge in the use of Synergy 2.0 a requirement.
CLOSING DATE: July 2121
Please forward your resumes to the attention of:
Helene Francis (Dietary Manager)
140 Sherway Drive,
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Experienced, reliable Sub-Contract Cleaner required for 2* high profile accounts in the Sherway Gardens/Etobicoke area.* Account #1 4x per week-night shift position available starting as soon as 6pm [...]
Overview In this role, you have the opportunity to create a great lasting impression for the Customer by providing exceptional service at the cash wrap. As a key member of the team, in addition to co [...]
Parkland Lifestyle Residences has an exciting opportunity for dedicated Door Attendants who want to be part of a state-of-the-art community with opportunities for training, development and growth with [...]
Company Overview Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think ''TD'' if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North Americ [...]