Extendicare Canada Inc.
ADMINISTRATOR (Full-Time) - Extendicare Kingston
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors’ population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Candidates are invited to apply for the above full-time position to work at Extendicare Kingston facility, a 150 bed long-term care facility located in Kingston,
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Administrator assumes ultimate responsibility for providing high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents and staff.
- Provide leadership in the establishment; achieve the residence’s goals and objectives; and manage human, financial and physical resources for the various departments of the residence
- Select and develop employees; provide an opportunity for growth and development; create an environment that will increase knowledge and skills among all employees.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families and the community in order to maintain a good public image for the residence.
- Participate in the budgeting process and manage the operation of the facility within budget while overseeing the accounting operations for the residence.
- A post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three years in duration, or post-secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a minimum of two years in duration (required, subject to the “Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision” requirement below)
- Administrator’s Certification (Minimum 100 hours of instruction time) completed or enrolled*) (required, subject to the “Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision” requirement below)
- “Ontario Fire Safety: Training for Owners/Operators” Course Certificate.
- At least three years of working experience (required, subject to the “Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision” requirement below):
- In a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services sector, or
- In another managerial or supervisory capacity, if he or she has already successfully completed the Long-Term Care Administrator Certificate (* noted above)
Existing Administrators OLTCHA Provision
- Persons working or employed as Administrators on July 1, 2010, who do not have the above required qualifications, and who have continued to work in that position may be hired as Administrators if they:
- Have worked or been employed for at least three years as a long-term care home Administrator, and,
- Have successfully completed a program in long-term care home administration or management or, subject to the requirements of the OLTCHA, are enrolled in a program in long-term care home administration or management that meets the requirements of the Act.
Additional qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of the employees
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-focused attitude, with an emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Ability to generate creative solutions and new approaches to daily challenges
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices, principles and legislation
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting principles and applicable legislation
- Knowledge of the changing health care system is an asset.
CLOSING DATE: August 14, 2021
Please forward your résumé to the attention of: Cory Nezan, Regional Director at [email protected]
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8am- 4pm. The week ok July 25... ie Next week! Care is for my 4 Year old son. Message me if interested. [...]
'' When you\u2019re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific you\u2019ll do important work and you\u2019ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring cowo [...]
Chez Lowe’s Canada, plus de 26 000 employé(e)s cultivent leur passion chaque jour. Nos équipes sont animées par la volonté d’aider nos clients à faire de leurs projets une réalité, et engag [...]
Position Purpose: Under the management of Department Supervisors, our Associates can flourish and reach their peak. They provide leadership by coaching, training, motivating and inspiring associate [...]