Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Have an impact that matters through pro bono and significant volunteer opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join the Financial Institutions Risk and Regulatory practice. The sector focus lies on Banks, Credit Unions and Capital Markets, i.e. Investment and Asset Managers. Read more below!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Manager in Vancouver, you work in a collaborative team environment to analyze issues and address client challenges related to risk management,
regulatory and legal compliance. Examples of topics you will be dealing with are the latest OSFI guidance on Corporate Governance, and Compliance (E-13) and the equivalent for provincial Regulators (e.g. BCFSA). You will work for example in a capacity as Subject Matter Expert and Engagement Leader as part of a transformation project, supporting Internal Audit engagements or independent Assessments mandated by Regulators. Internal Audit experience and experience in working with Regulators is beneficial but not required. You will have a hybrid role, which encompasses developing the local Western Canadian marketplace, with focus on B.C. and Alberta. In addition, you will have the opportunity to deliver national and international projects with our team in Toronto at mid-sized and large Financial Institutions.
Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Develop own Point of Views, White Papers and solutions we can offer to our clients to support them in the best possible way
- Manage a diverse team of talented junior resources and provide ongoing coaching to them to enable them to reach their highest potential
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key client contacts
- Deploy and develop current engagement methodologies
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure client satisfaction and project profitability
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor
- Contribute to practice growth and development
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, governance frameworks, technology and operations.
As part of our team you will be
- Working in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Developing solutions for our teams and clients
- Continuing your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Working with high profile clients on a variety of engagements
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in (Regulatory / Legal) Compliance, Risk Management related projects for Banks, Credit Unions, Investment Managers, either as a Consultant or as part of a Risk or Compliance team in the industry
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Business Engineering, Finance, Economics, Law or related field
- Experience in professional services or a client-based environment; functional experience in compliance and risk management
- Experience managing regulatory compliance and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle, systems and technologies that support the Risk or Compliance function
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues, demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet challenging deadlines
- Willingness to travel to client locations, as required
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at [email protected] if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for someone who can do research to find qualified leads, and run an outreach campaign to make connections with other blogs and content producers in related niches. I use an app called Mails [...]
Inkeros is Canada’s fastest growing omni-channel sales and marketing vendors. Founded in 2001, Inkeros has been expanding much across this beautiful country we call home. With Head Offices in Vancou [...]
Are you a seafood expert and have excellent knifing skills? We have an amazing opportunity available at Vancouver's most sought out restaurant- The Victor! Send us your application and let us know why [...]
On behalf of DFO Global Performance Commerce - its subsidiary Verve. DFO is on a mission to deliver superior eCommerce software, marketing, and products to make the world a better place. About Us [...]