Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Do you enjoy voicing your suggestions and opinions and you wish to actively participate in shaping the next generation of financial advisors? Commence your journey with Sun Life Financial as a Advisor Recruitment Consultant!
There has never been a better time to join the Sun Life Financial family! As a key member of our professional growth, you will play a critical role in sourcing local talent using recruiting best practices and an understanding of market opportunities. Using a wide range of sourcing methods including leveraging your network and centres of influence, you will assist in the selection of qualified candidates into a sales commissioned, independent contractor business opportunity for the life insurance and wealth industry (or financial services). In this exciting new role you will work closely with local sales management to support them in cultivating and selecting candidates that will add value to the business. We offer a competitive compensation program that is commensurate with experience.
What will you do?
- Develop and execute talent sourcing strategies in collaboration with local sales management to attract candidates for the Sun Life Financial advisor business opportunity
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified commissioned-sales candidates
- Establish and maintain strong community relationships (e.g., chambers of commerce) in the local market
- Conduct multiple aspects of the recruitment and initial selection process for candidates not currently contracted with Sun Life Financial, including resume reviews, initial interviews, and facilitating applications
- Manage candidate tracking system workflow, including establishing appropriate metrics
- Assist sales management leaders with final recommendation and inform unsuccessful candidates of the outcome of their application
- Provide feedback on successful strategies, programs and assist in role and function development
- Process local leads generated from Head Office, e.g. via social media or other national platforms
- Ensure smooth hand-off of successful candidates for evaluation and final interviews with local management
- Identify and actively participate in professional networking activities
What you need to succeed?
If you can be described as a social butterfly, people and solution oriented, creative and agile communicator, then you definitely posses some of the essential personality traits we are seeking!
Here are the other indispensables required to assure your success in this role:
- Strong experience with recruiting programs and processes, ideally in recruiting for commissioned sales professionals
- Proven track record in utilizing various sources to create pipelines of candidates
- Strong understanding of the talent in the market, understanding of the competition, desire to utilize and build on existing network, and ability to locate new candidates from both passive and active sources
- Proven experience in assessing talent, quickly analyzing social profiles, resumes, and applications
- Strong interviewing and screening skills
- Understanding of regulatory environment as relates to the role of sales professionals in financial services
- Strong partnering skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders throughout the recruiting and selection process
- Very strong communication, presentation, interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to market and sell a sales role
- Post-secondary degree in business, social sciences, human resources or related fields with a minimum of 2-4 years of experience as a recruiter in a corporate or agency setting
What’s in it for you?
- Working within a high performance culture.
- Supportive working environment, culture of collaboration.
- A company that promotes health, wellness, and work/life balance.
- We encourage our employees to champion continuous improvement.
- Joining a reputable organization with over 150 years of history.
- Attractive compensation and benefit package.
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
67,400/67 400 - 110,100/110 100
Sales - Distribution Support
Posting End Date:
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Referral Flooring Inc. is looking for skilled flooring installers and helpers. We service the GTA Primarily: Burlington, Oakville, Hamilton, Mississauga Ancaster and Milton. Basic requirements for bot [...]
Are you relentless, driven and ready for a new challenge? If so, then come join the Sales Team at Euler Hermes, Canada! Together makes us better. At EH, we strive for diversity, equity and in [...]
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish th [...]
We are looking for 2 Strong Guys for genrtal labour work in mississauga location. lumber company making deck chairs etc heavy duty full time work mon to friday must be able to start tomorrow or monda [...]