Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
In Group Benefits we serve more than 5 million Canadians - plan members and their dependents - through our more than 11,000 group benefit plans across the country. Our customers include employees, associations, affinity groups and creditors in virtually every industry in Canada, and we are proud to be their benefits provider.
The Account Executive is responsible for the profitable management of a portfolio of group benefits business in the 3 to 49 life group market. This is done by understanding the advisors needs, effectively communicating Sun Life's value proposition, products, services, and keeping advisors informed of any changes impacting benefit plans.
What will you do?
- Relationship manager for advisors (consultants and brokers) and responsible for the overall client relationship with Sun Life Financial
- Meeting annual financial objectives and the growth and profitability of an assigned block of business
- Managing the relationship with assigned advisors, including training and new business development
- Ensure client/advisor needs are met through the delivery of value-added products and services
What you need to succeed?
- 2-5 years experience as an Account Executive in group benefits
- 2-5 years proven selling experience
- Integrity, customer focus, strong leadership skills and the ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Strong negotiation, analytical and influencing skills
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Adept at juggling multiple priorities
- Knowledge of group benefit plan design including underwriting and financial management, technology and Internet applications, benefit and plan taxation, communications and administration procedures, claims practices, government legislation and current developments in the benefits field
- Ongoing professional development and group industry (Advocis, local seminars etc.) involvement
- Flexible work schedule and be prepared to travel as needed. A substantial amount of time will be spent meeting with Advisors. Most travel is done in regular business hours within a two hour driving radius
- Incumbent must obtain their GBA designation within the first 2 years of employment
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle is required
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible Benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- Wellness programs that support the three pillars of your health - mental, physical and financial
- Fitness and wellness programs that help you balance work and life and enjoy a healthier lifestyle
- The opportunity to move along a variety of career paths with amazing networking potential
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Access to our Global Learning Centre, available 24/7 for your learning needs
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to [email protected]
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
67,400/67 400 - 110,100/110 100
Sales - SIP
Posting End Date:
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
**What is Bear?** * The future of furniture. * We help merchants build & scale their business on Wayfair, Amazon, and Overstock. * The home goods space is undergoing a massive shift from offline [...]
Working as a Senior Account Executive at Michael Page, you will own a role which is varied, stimulating and challenging on a daily basis. This career will further develop your interpersonal and commer [...]
Partnerships Senior Manager Full-Time (12 Month Contract) Toronto, ON / Boston, MA / Chicago, IL / New York, NY Did you know that 30-40% of food that is produced around the world ends up in land [...]
Employer: Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc. Position: Senior Broker - Large Construction Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time Location: Calgary, AB Employment Address: 600 3 Ave SW Suite 1800, Calgary, AB [...]